Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

How do I get charizard 'M with a gameshark code? - Page 1

How do I get charizard 'M with a gameshark code?

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-11-25 16:16:29
Normally I wouldn't have any trouble with this if I were using my Gameboy because I could just trade with Yellow via Pokemon Stadium. (1 or 2)

However I don't know where either of my Stadium games are and my N64 is lost somewhere in the mess known as my room along with all three of my transfer packs.

Luckily I was able to find Pokemon Stadium 2 on a bit torrent which is still downloading but close to completion. I already have Project 64 installed. What I need to know is if there is an add-on that allows Transfer pak support. I know there is support for Transfer pak emulation but I'm not sure if it is on Project 64 or not. Please confirm this for me.
Nevermind about this, I got it.
The final problem I'm having is trying to get a Charizard 'M on the Red ROM I have.
Is there a special GameShark code I can use? I tried the wild pokemon modifier code on the site and got disasterous results. the game just crashed the first time and the second time gave me something but the game crashed afterwords.

Is there any code that can be used to get a real Charizard 'M without the game crashing?

Re: How do I get charizard 'M with a gameshark code?

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2009-11-25 21:53:53
Theres PROBABLY a GS Code, but I really dont know off the top of my head plus I havent GS'd in forever :| Good luck!

Date: 2009-11-25 22:48:53
I did it myself. I had to use an emulator that allows you to play two GB games at once. Yes there apparently is such a thing. My results are already posted on Youtube.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-11-26 13:49:44

I had to use an emulator that allows you to play two GB games at once.

TGB Dual?  (I think that's what it's called)

Date: 2009-11-26 21:39:05

I had to use an emulator that allows you to play two GB games at once.

TGB Dual?  (I think that's what it's called)

That's the one. Boy is it buggy. If you minimize it the whole emulator locks up and you have to use task manager to close it. Other than that though its alright. VBA my main emulator. TGB is just there so I can trade between games. (not that its needed anymore as I have what I needed.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2009-11-29 12:05:38
You could have used this code

01FFE5CF

Find any Pokemon, Catch it. It will be a Charizard 'M. Obviously replacing the FF may make it useful for other things.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-11-29 14:05:11

01FFE5CF

Find any Pokemon, Catch it. It will be a Charizard 'M. Obviously replacing the FF may make it useful for other things.

Doesn't that cause Death trainer (i.e. the one from ZZAZZ)?

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-11-29 14:20:35

01FFE5CF

Doesn't that cause Death trainer (i.e. the one from ZZAZZ)?
It would probably if it didn't freeze.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2009-11-29 14:38:00
I think if you have the catch trainer's Pokémon code on then it will be treated like a wild battle and you can catch it. I haven't done this in a while so it may be wrong though.

BTW a catch trainer's Pokémon code: 010157D0

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-11-30 03:10:56
No. you have to hack it into your party.

Date: 2009-11-30 20:44:28
I've got it now anyways and I did some fucking cool shit with it. See for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=codkIvjMUt4

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-12-02 15:57:33
If Newo says it works, people, it works.  Don't doubt the man. :P (Unless it's the G/S/C debug mode code…)

Edit: Just checked, it works.  It modifies the pokemon you captured, not encountered.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-12-02 19:16:28
An easier way to do it would be to use the standard modifier code 01FFD8CF but turn it on during battle. It will modify the pokemon you are battling, meaning you won't encounter a trainer.

Date: 2009-12-02 21:04:23
I've got it thanks to the Duel TGB emulator.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2009-12-03 11:17:06

An easier way to do it would be to use the standard modifier code 01FFD8CF but turn it on during battle. It will modify the pokemon you are battling, meaning you won't encounter a trainer.

Not starting a code argument but mine changes captured Pokemon so there is no need to turn off and on.

Oh, and thanks for the backup Gary 'M 9