Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

awseome new missingno glitch/hack 1st gen pokemon yellow cartridge game - Page 1

awseome new missingno glitch/hack 1st gen pokemon yellow cartridge game

Posted by: Juguhrnawt
Date: 2010-01-02 05:23:07
Note I did this in pokemon yellow cartridge

Start a new game w gameshark walkthrough walls code entered but off. Walk up into the grass where oak catches pikachu. The game then auto walks you into his offic. Ass soon as you you appear inside oaks office, after you auto walk about 2steps to the back of oaks office, turn walkthrough walls on then off quikly.

What happens is when u turn the w thru walls on, your guy automatically stops walking.

Then some dialogue will happen, then oakll say "come here", you walk a couple steps up, prolly into a bookshelf. Then when u have control again, you walk towards the door. Gary doesn't stop u cus ure already past the line where he challenges you. On youre way out the door, a guy gives u a potion.'then save game and continue with w thru walls offs. Walk out the door, and turn on "catch opponent pokemon " code then turn your walk thru walls code on. Walk to the city where and evee pokeball is, pick it up. Walk to elite 4 and just catch all their pokemon. When you get to the champ Gary, don't catch his pokemon. Kill em with the ones u caught or just kill em with cheat codes or whatever (I caught me2 1st and killed em with it). When you get to his last pokemon you would never believe why evolve form of evee appears.

R u curious,

it very obvious but unexpected

NONE

he sent out missingno cus in oaks office, Gary never took the evee, so voilà. Missingno. Also if you battled gary any other time in the game he'll send out missingno, but it first hapened to me on elite 4 when I thought… Hmm what if….. and I was right.

Re: awseome new missingno glitch/hack 1st gen pokemon yellow cartridge game

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2010-01-02 06:31:43
Here's a translation in "Proper English", the language you should be using. "Textspeak"/"AOLspeak" is not allowed here.

Note I did this in Pokemon Yellow cartridge

Start a new game with GameShark walk-through-walls code entered but off. Walk up into the grass where Oak catches Pikachu. The game then auto-walks you into his office. As soon as you appear inside Oaks office, after you walk about two steps to the back of Oak's office, turn the GameShark switch on then off quickly.
What happens is when you turn the code on, the player automatically stops walking.
Oak will say "come here", you walk a couple steps up, probably into a bookshelf.
When you have control again, walk towards the door.
Gary doesn't stop you because you're already past the line where he challenges you.
On your way out the door, you get given a Potion.
Save the game and continue with walk-through-walls off. Walk out the door, and turn on "Catch Opponent's Pokemon" code then turn the walk-through-walls code back on. Walk to the city where an Eevee Pokeball is, pick it up. Walk to the Pokemon League and catch all the Elite Four's pokemon. When you get to your rival, don't catch his Pokemon. Faint them whichever way you want.
You would never believe what Eeveelution your rival uses. It's very obvious but unexpected: none - he sends out a MissingNo (as he never took Eevee in Oak's office). He'll also send out MissingNo if you battle him anywhere else.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-01-02 06:32:57

Note I did this in pokemon yellow cartridge

Start a new game w gameshark walkthrough walls code entered but off. Walk up into the grass where oak catches pikachu. The game then auto walks you into his offic. Ass soon as you you appear inside oaks office, after you auto walk about 2steps to the back of oaks office, turn walkthrough walls on then off quikly.

What happens is when u turn the w thru walls on, your guy automatically stops walking.

Then some dialogue will happen, then oakll say "come here", you walk a couple steps up, prolly into a bookshelf. Then when u have control again, you walk towards the door. Gary doesn't stop u cus ure already past the line where he challenges you. On youre way out the door, a guy gives u a potion.'then save game and continue with w thru walls offs. Walk out the door, and turn on "catch opponent pokemon " code then turn your walk thru walls code on. Walk to the city where and evee pokeball is, pick it up. Walk to elite 4 and just catch all their pokemon. When you get to the champ Gary, don't catch his pokemon. Kill em with the ones u caught or just kill em with cheat codes or whatever (I caught me2 1st and killed em with it). When you get to his last pokemon you would never believe why evolve form of evee appears.

R u curious,

it very obvious but unexpected

NONE

he sent out missingno cus in oaks office, Gary never took the evee, so voilà. Missingno. Also if you battled gary any other time in the game he'll send out missingno, but it first hapened to me on elite 4 when I thought… Hmm what if….. and I was right.

This has already been noted on a very old article entitled 'possible for over 300 glitches?' Basically a byte was found managing which eevolution Gary had; 01??14D7. Values 01, 02, and 03 account for Gary having a Flareon, Vaporeon or Jolteon whilst other values such as 00 will give Gary a glitched team. We normally don't accept  glitches involving gameshark though because gameshark wasn't officially made by Nintendo.

If you encountered Gary before he even chose an Eevee he probably used a team accounting for missingno. The exact article was here http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,573.msg6766.html#msg6766

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-01-02 08:08:53
Allowed, I'll just move it. But if it's already in the article I might have to lock this (gosh, three posts in a row, all locking threads…).
EDIT: OK well, found so, locked.