Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Bare Knuckle III: Director's Cut hack - Page 1

Bare Knuckle III: Director's Cut hack

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2010-03-15 14:09:36
Well, as you may know I've been away from the community a lot recently. Part of it is because I'm suffering from a bit of mental instability.

The other reason is because I'm working on a Rom hack to restore beta aspects to a Sega Genesis/Mega Drive game. The game is known as Bare Knuckle III which is the Japanese version of the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive game, Streets of Rage 3.

Why am I modifying the Japanese version you ask? Censorship is present in the US and European versions. Tons of pointless 4Kids TV style edits to make the game more "kid friendly" and to remove the controversial Homosexual Stereotype miniboss. (who is playable via an in game cheat and is ironically the most powerful playable character in the game.)

The game appears rushed and has a lot of unused material in it as a result. Including two lost levels, and an unused part of a playable stage. Another guy and me are working on restoring these and many other things to the game.

see our progress thus far:

http://www.streetsofrage.net/bare_knuckle_iii_dx_the_director%27s_cut.htm

Re: Bare Knuckle III: Director's Cut hack

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2010-03-15 23:12:13
Cool, once I get a Genesis (and a flashcart, which I'll probably have to make myself) I'll DL it (you'll be done by that time).