Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

HELP with Shiny Gameshark Code (G/S) - Page 1

HELP with Shiny Gameshark Code (G/S)

Posted by: hekalopter
Date: 2010-07-20 18:05:21
I just received a Gameshark Pro, and the absence of any instructions is causing me some problems…

I am trying to enable the code for Shiny pokemon (010719D1) on either my Gold or my Silver using Gameboy Color. However I have never used the game shark before and I keep getting stuck.
How do I enable the code ? What exactly do I need to do? Any step-by-step instructions would be great.

I only get so far when I am at the screen where you can enter the code numbers and after that it seems like the only button I can press is START. This brings me right back to the menu.

I apologize because I know this topic is pretty old, but if anyone could help me out it would be very much appreciated.

Re: HELP with Shiny Gameshark Code (G/S)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-07-21 10:00:45

I just received a Gameshark Pro, and the absence of any instructions is causing me some problems…

I am trying to enable the code for Shiny pokemon (010719D1) on either my Gold or my Silver using Gameboy Color. However I have never used the game shark before and I keep getting stuck.
How do I enable the code ? What exactly do I need to do? Any step-by-step instructions would be great.

I only get so far when I am at the screen where you can enter the code numbers and after that it seems like the only button I can press is START. This brings me right back to the menu.

I apologize because I know this topic is pretty old, but if anyone could help me out it would be very much appreciated.

Don't worry about it at all, its a good thing to ask questions and this board is still very active and useful compared to others, otherwise we'd have it in the Archives.  ;)

It can differ between the type of cheating device you have, I don't have a Gameshark Pro, but for instance a few like the Xploder might have a On/Off toggle switch at the side of the cheat cartridge; if so you'll have to enter the code and then keep the switch on 'On' when you want to activate it. The general idea for older cheating devices like this is to insert the game into the device, insert the device into the GameBoy, add a new cheat on the device's firmware, activate the ones you want to use and then start the game.

When you pressed the start button did it save the code you entered, or prompt you to save it to the device's memory? If it did you can save and then try going back to that screen again and your new code should be there under the name you called it, so you can press A and then exit it to the main screen (if there is one) and then back to the game.