Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Help with memory viewer? - Page 1

Help with memory viewer?

Posted by: ketchup
Date: 2010-08-08 17:55:16
I followed the instructions in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC5hw_T2xh4 to insert a custom sprite into R/B/Y.

[After doing the 9000/310 thing, the custom sprite appears as normal on Gold version. but the only way i can get it to replace the pokemon's picture in Red version is if I insert the dump AFTER the pokemon has appeared. Does anyone know how to get the custom picture to appear without me having to insert it in battle? Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, I've figured out how to do that. It's just timing haha
however, I'm still figuring out codes for R/B/Y to change the letters of the pokemon's name, and the (wild) pokemon's attacks.

PS: How do you change the name of the pokemon in R/B/Y when you encounter a pokemon after inserting the dump, like (insert new name here) instead of PIDGEY? I'm sorry i'm such a noob at this orz

NEVERMIND :3

Re: Help with memory viewer?

Posted by: Destinatus
Date: 2010-08-08 18:34:46
I'd guess you'd modify a value. I don't know what, though. Ask someone like Tombstoner, because I'm new at hacking myself.

Re: Help with memory viewer?

Posted by: ketchup
Date: 2010-08-08 18:56:40

I'd guess you'd modify a value. I don't know what, though. Ask someone like Tombstoner, because I'm new at hacking myself.

thanks anyway!