Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

GenIV:000's Walking Pokémon sprite - Page 1

GenIV:000's Walking Pokémon sprite

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-09-22 12:17:23
For HeartGold and SoulSilver, recently (projectpokemon?) generated a 'Secret Door' code which potentially changes the current room I.D depending on the amount of items in one of the the Balls Pocket slots left. Basically holding L+R would give you 999 Masterballs, 999 Ultra Balls and 999 Great Balls respectively and you can hold L+Up, L+Down or L+Left to change the room I.D. to that of either the Master Ball quantity, Ultra Ball quantity or Great Ball quantity.

After trial and error I realized that 306 (hex:132) is the room I.D for the Hall of Fame room, so I started a new game and warped immediately to the Hall of Fame room only to have the game freeze. However, using a 'have 6 Pokémon via L+R' code would make it so that six (—-)s entered into the Hall of Fame and interestingly their Walking Pokémon sprites were not of Bulbasaur's but strangely that of a 'glitched sprite' resembling a twin facing left with the wrong palette.

Perhaps if we can work out how a Pokémon ID is decrypted (because apparently Pokémon data, including its species I.D. is 'shuffled/encrypted' via an algortihm) we can force other unstable Pokémon which would usually crash the game in the party via L+R and figure out its sprite and walking Pokémon sprite in the Hall of Fame room (providing these don't crash the game too)?

Re: GenIV:000's Walking Pokémon sprite

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2010-09-22 16:02:43
Perhaps if we can work out how a Pokémon ID is decrypted

Already done

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_data_structure_in_the_DS

Re: GenIV:000's Walking Pokémon sprite

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-09-23 02:39:45

Perhaps if we can work out how a Pokémon ID is decrypted

Already done

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_data_structure_in_the_DS