Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Gold Version bug - Page 1

Gold Version bug

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2013-08-10 01:54:22
In my emulated gold version, if a pokemon is put into a box other than box 1, it turns into a glitch pokemon (everything about it is overwritten with 255's)

Is this a problem that spans all gold ROMs or is something just broken with my one?

Re: Gold Version bug

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2013-08-10 06:45:54

In my emulated gold version, if a pokemon is put into a box other than box 1, it turns into a glitch pokemon (everything about it is overwritten with 255's)

Is this a problem that spans all gold ROMs or is something just broken with my one?

It doesn't seem to be happening for me. I tried BGB, VBA-RR v24 svn422 and an old version of VBA from 2005.

What emulator are you using? Does there have to be a certain number of Pokémon in the other box for it to work?

I guess you might have a bad ROM. Try checking its MD5 hash and seeing if matches up with the hash here.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2013-08-10 17:37:26

It doesn't seem to be happening for me. I tried BGB, VBA-RR v24 svn422 and an old version of VBA from 2005.

What emulator are you using? Does there have to be a certain number of Pokémon in the other box for it to work?

I guess you might have a bad ROM. Try checking its MD5 hash and seeing if matches up with the hash here.

Hmm, the hash matches. However my emulator revision is literally 10 years old so I might try downloading a newer revision :P

I have VBA 1.7.1

Posted by: TheZZAZZGlitch
Date: 2013-08-28 10:03:16
I downloaded VBA 1.7.1, and indeed, it has some problems emulating echo RAM and switchable RAM banks, causing many bugs while playing certain games.
Downloading a newer version of VBA will probably fix the problem.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2013-08-28 19:04:09
Or you could just use KiGB and have no problems at all.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2013-08-28 21:00:04
I use bgb and don't have any problems.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2013-08-31 00:04:50

Or you could just use KiGB and have no problems at all.

KiGB is known to use gamespecific hacks to fake accuracy. Gambatte and BGB are better options.