Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Enable Mew, Celebi, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Mewtwo as Stadium 2 rentals - Page 1

Enable Mew, Celebi, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Mewtwo as Stadium 2 rentals

Posted by: EliteAnax17
Date: 2014-11-16 19:19:17
I know Mew and Celebi's data as rentals is already present and used for Prime Cup R-2, I wonder if its possible to hack them for use everywhere else like Free Battle? I have tried 100%ing the game, but it still wont enable them for use outside of that cup.

Rival's R1 and R2 teams have a Lugia and Ho-Oh and Mewtwo data on his teams, maybe reference those?

Re: Enable Mew, Celebi, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Mewtwo as Stadium 2 rentals

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2014-11-18 04:59:45
Free Battle uses the Prime Cup R1 rentals no matter what. So if you edit the Prime Cup R1 rentals, you can get whatever you want.

Posted by: EliteAnax17
Date: 2014-11-18 22:51:08
Free Battle does not include Celebi and Mew last I checked.

How to make it use the R2 rentals?

I figure there must be a range of pointers it references the data.. perhaps.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2014-11-18 22:53:21

Free Battle uses the Prime Cup R1 rentals no matter what. So if you edit the Prime Cup R1 rentals, you can get whatever you want.

You can edit the Prime Cup R1 rentals to get the effect you wantany changes there will be reflected in Free Battle. Telling Free Battle to use R2 rentals by default is something I havent figured out how to do yet; any insights there would be welcome.

Free Battle does not include Celebi and Mew last I checked.

How to make it use the R2 rentals?

I figure there must be a range of pointers it references the data.. perhaps.

All rentals and opponent rosters are stored together in a big table. If you look at the Git project, Ive dumped them all to JSON and wrote a simple converter that can put modified data back into the ROM.