Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Yellow Disassembly - Page 1

Yellow Disassembly

Posted by: luckytyphlosion
Date: 2015-05-14 10:34:35
I decided to start a Yellow Disassembly because I've been noticing many different changes from Red/Blue, many of which cannot be specified by "IF(DEF)"s.

I was wondering about one thing: why is there an IF(DEF) option for Yellow Beach House? Is there anything special about it, or was it just one of the obvious differences for Yellow?

Re: Yellow Disassembly

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-05-16 09:39:08
Cool. Good luck. Is it on github?

Edit: Found it https://github.com/luckytyphlosion/pokeyellow.

Posted by: Crystal_
Date: 2015-05-22 11:24:00
I though until this point that Pokemon Yellow was complete and buildable with pokered but I just tried a make yellow and the build failed because SPRITE_JAMES at pokemontower7.asm isn't defined for yellow in the sprite constants (but I'm guessing there would be more problems too).

Which kind of differences cannot be fit into an ifdef though?

Posted by: luckytyphlosion
Date: 2015-05-25 11:02:12

It would require a lot of ifdefs to have pokeyellow buildable through pokered. It's mostly because many files have been even slightly modified, and making ifdefs for every simple modifications would be too messy. At that point, it would be better to just make pokeyellow another disassembly entirely.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2015-06-03 10:32:24

It would require a lot of ifdefs to have pokeyellow buildable through pokered. It's mostly because many files have been even slightly modified, and making ifdefs for every simple modifications would be too messy. At that point, it would be better to just make pokeyellow another disassembly entirely.

I agree. Thanks for working on it.