Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Genesis and bullshit - Page 1

Genesis and bullshit

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-05-24 18:06:20
Why is there no RAM editor built into any MD/Genesis emulator? Seriously, that is raging horse shit. Anyone seen any that have this?

Re: Genesis and bullshit

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2016-05-25 22:21:34

Why is there no RAM editor built into any MD/Genesis emulator? Seriously, that is raging horse shit. Anyone seen any that have this?

You want Debug features?  Here's one with too many.

http://www.exodusemulator.com/downloads/current-release

You may thank me after your processor explodes from how slow this runs.

Posted by: Dandaman955
Date: 2016-07-15 18:12:32
I dunno if you still need it or not, but the debug version of Regen (0.972D) has a real-time RAM viewer. Much faster than Exodus, so if you can spare accuracy in some parts, run Regen for practicality's sake.

Date: 2016-07-15 19:14:36
I'll look into Regen, Exodus has no Nemesis compression support (needed for 3/4 of Genesis games)

Posted by: Dandaman955
Date: 2016-07-16 08:59:36
Nemesis Compression is a software thing, so it should work on any emulator that can read 68K instructions properly. Even if it didn't, it should definitely work on Exodus, because the guy who cracked the compression (Nemesis) wrote the emulator.

Date: 2016-07-16 12:39:31
Oh, it's been updated recently. oops. XD I'll have to look at it again. :P