Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Randomizing main series Pokémon games - Page 1

Randomizing main series Pokémon games

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-09-09 12:26:52
Well, as i really love random stuff, i want you to try out the randomizers.
http://sanqui.rustedlogic.net/randomizer/ - Red, TCG, Telefang (wtf is that?)
http://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/index.php - Gens 1-5
https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?44950-pk3DS-XY-ORAS-ROM-Editor-amp-Randomizer - Older version for Gen 6, newer one on the github page.

Try them out and tell me what great results you get!
For example, i once got a Yveltal as a starter. :)

Re: Randomizing main series Pokémon games

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-09-09 12:44:27

Telefang (wtf is that?)

Telefang (Power and Speed versions) are obscure monster battling games unrelated to Pokémon by Natsume and Smilesoft for Game Boy Color, which were hacked into a bootleg called Pokémon Diamond and Jade (which ironically is probably known better overseas than the original game). The games also got a sequel for the Game Boy Advance called Telefang 2 which were also split into Power and Speed versions.

Date: 2016-09-09 13:25:49

Telefang (Power and Speed versions) are obscure monster battling games unrelated to Pokémon by Natsume and Smilesoft for Game Boy Color, which were hacked into a bootleg called Pokémon Diamond and Jade (which ironically is probably known better overseas than the original game). The games also got a sequel for the Game Boy Advance called Telefang 2 which were also split into Power and Speed versions.

I kinda knew that, I was even watching Twitch playing this on Twitch Plays Pokémon, I was just saying "wtf does Telefang mean??" by that.
Anyway, did you try this already?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-09-09 15:40:16
Ah, I see. Yes I've tried the randomizer before, it's amazing how much you can do.  :)

Date: 2016-09-09 15:52:05
From what i know, Pk3DS recently added text randomization… something i did manually 2 months ago… gametext still however needs to be randomized manually if you don't want the game to crash every battle or every time you look at a menu.
and Universal Randomizer can do practically anything, from starters, wild encounters, trainers to even move stats. I also recently send Dabomstew a e-mail or a few and gave him a few suggestions including trainer class randomization, mart randomization etc.
But what was the funniest thing you got?

Posted by: camper
Date: 2016-09-10 01:19:42
The "Follow Evolutions" options on the Universal Randomizer (for base stats, types and abilities) should be checked AFTER randomizing evolutions, not before. Currently those options are useless if you have randomized evolutions enabled.

Date: 2016-09-10 11:08:41

The "Follow Evolutions" options on the Universal Randomizer (for base stats, types and abilities) should be checked AFTER randomizing evolutions, not before. Currently those options are useless if you have randomized evolutions enabled.

I never use this option anyway, so I don't care, randomized evolution are pretty recent you know? They were added 4-6 updates ago.