Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

State of the disassemblies - Page 1

State of the disassemblies

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2017-01-11 01:52:12
The disassembly projects have really grown over the years thanks to the work of a number of individuals. Heres where they are now:

Red/Blue USA: completely disassembled.

Red/Blue France: completely disassembled.

Red/Blue Germany: nearly completely disassembled.

Red/Green Japan: needs work.

Yellow USA: completely disassembled.

Crystal 1.0/1.1 USA: completely disassembled.

Ruby USA: completely disassembled. Decompilation to C is making good progress.

Emerald USA: completely disassembled. Decompilation to C has mostly stalled in favor of Ruby, which is a more practical codebase to work with at the moment.

Pokémon Pinball: needs work.

Pokémon TCG: needs work.

Were always looking for more contributors. The more games we can disassemble, the more glitches, TAS techniques, and beta leftovers can be discovered. Even the games marked complete can still use more comments in the code and scripts, better labels, and so on.

Most discussion of the projects goes on in IRC (#pret on Freenode).

Re: State of the disassemblies

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-01-11 05:52:49
Nice to hear they've grown so much.  :) I remember looking at the Red/Blue disassembly recently and thinking, "wow it's neat how all the data is organized into their own directories now".

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2017-01-11 06:48:25
C'mon, really? Ruby? I…. don't have words…

Posted by: SatoMew
Date: 2017-01-11 10:13:19
There are also WIP disassembly projects for FireRed by Shiny Quagsire and cosarara97.

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2017-01-11 16:48:15
If I had more time I could use gbasm documentation to help out with the disasms, but my body cries out in pain when I do so much as twitch… and I have to help move my uncle into an apartment. It hurts to type this with my thumb on my phone. That's how fucked up my body is…I'm gonna go fall onto my bed and stare at network debug info for a few hours, maybe get some sleep for the first time in a week…
EDIT: NVM, more bullshit…

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-01-12 02:02:34
You don't have anything Stadium ? That'd be a nice next step (although harder to do than RSE)

Posted by: camper
Date: 2017-01-12 05:28:54
Having a disassembly also means better romhacks! That is, until Nintendo decides to be a bigger dick and C&D them all.

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2017-01-12 10:44:40

That is, until Nintendo decides to be a bigger dick and C&D them all.
Pokémon Prism, rest in piss, forever miss.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2017-01-14 01:23:59

You don't have anything Stadium ? That'd be a nice next step (although harder to do than RSE)

Ive extracted a fair amount of data from Stadium 2, but no code so far.

Posted by: Unused Trainer
Date: 2017-01-14 06:06:00
Nice work! This project can help maybe di research some united beta element from the game?

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-01-14 08:50:33
That'd more TCRF's job.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2017-01-18 20:10:19
I just wanted to say that the Pokemon Red disassembly is the cleanest, most organized disassembly of a game I've ever seen. It puts my Sonic Chaos disassembly to shame, since it's so unorganized. xD Nice work to all who have been contributing to these projects!