Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Nintendo WFC spoof/replacement servers - Page 1

Nintendo WFC spoof/replacement servers

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-11-06 20:49:18

Are you or crystal going to talk about the new wiimmfi stuff? Im really curious to hear it explained well and if possible, if its possible to know why pearl isnt working

I remember vaguely hearing about replacement servers to the official Nintendo WFC online that went down, but requiring an Action Replay. Wiimmfi Project apparently lets you still go online, but I never read much about the false servers (other than spoof GTS servers for free Pokémon that apparently Zowayixx from Hall of Origin was one of the early workers on or similar) and not sure what they were addressing about Pokémon Pearl.

https://wiimmfi.de/

Discuss.

Re: Nintendo WFC spoof/replacement servers

Posted by: RETIRE
Date: 2018-11-07 00:07:33
You can essentially set up your own servers by connecting your ds to your phone, and it lets you use gts and trading in gen 4 and 5. Haven't looked into it myself but I've seen people on my discord using it without much trouble.

Re: Nintendo WFC spoof/replacement servers

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-11-08 00:32:00
Maybe they were referring to the recent breackthrough of nds-constraint?