Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

I'm looking for some patches, codes, and long lost files. - Page 1

I'm looking for some patches, codes, and long lost files.

Posted by: J92R
Date: 2019-03-23 16:51:06
So, over the years, lots of folks have made a pretty massive amount of patches for these older Pokemon games (R/B/Y + G/S/C). Unfortunately though, a lot of files also seem to missing entirely, even with digging through Wayback Machine.

Specifically, Sanqui used to be on a forum that had a section of "mini-hacks", smaller hacks that did things such as Spinner Hell, EXPless, etc.

Kind of curious if anyone has a backup of these files that Sanqui used to host before his site went down for good.

Additionally, I'm also (more interested in) looking for patches or codes that do the following:

1) Make games play themselves, i.e. AI controlled. Currently I have an AI version of Pokemon Crystal, but would also like random button presses AI for Red/Blue, Gold/Silver, and Yellow.

2) Secondly, I have been tampering with some of Crystal_'s Hyper Corruption and Random Memory Corruption hex edits and was wondering if these also were switchable. Like for example, can I use the Random Memory Corruption hex hack for Gold on Crystal and get the same effect? If not, are the any patches or hex versions for Crystal and Yellow, I already have Random Memory Corruption versions of Red/Blue + Gold/Silver.

3) And finally, has anyone also created any of the following above for Spaceworld Gold/Silver? I would love to see some random memory corruption and AI controlled versions of those.

Yes, I am aware of things like Real-Time Corruptor and such, but I also don't own a computer, so if there are hex code versions of this, then I would be willing to hex all of this out one by one.

Much appreciated.

NOTE: Recovered most of the mini-hacks thread by Sanqui, still missing all the ones hosted on his down website.

Re: I'm looking for some patches, codes, and long lost files.

Posted by: Halfshadow
Date: 2019-03-23 18:01:24
For the spaceworld I made a patch to improve the collisions and find wild pokémon also in the routes with the grass un-walkable and avoid the rival to kill your game when you go to the gate, to enable the cutted evolutions due to the demo and enable the starting events like the choice of the starter and the fight with the rival, fixed, 'cause was also buggy.

And also I found a way to avoid the end of the demo if you fainted, but I didn't know how set the code to back to the latest pokécenter/home and then the game don't finish but you remain without usable pokémons (you have to heal them trough the debug functions).

And for G/S/C I released just today patches to make them extended like in HG/SS!!!

Posted by: J92R
Date: 2019-03-23 18:30:14

For the spaceworld I made a patch to improve the collisions and find wild pokémon also in the routes with the grass un-walkable and avoid the rival to kill your game when you go to the gate, to enable the cutted evolutions due to the demo and enable the starting events like the choice of the starter and the fight with the rival, fixed, 'cause was also buggy.

And also I found a way to avoid the end of the demo if you fainted, but I didn't know how set the code to back to the latest pokécenter/home and then the game don't finish but you remain without usable pokémons (you have to heal them trough the debug functions).

And for G/S/C I released just today patches to make them extended like in HG/SS!!!

Where can I find that Spaceworld Patch of yours?

Date: 2019-03-23 21:00:52
Try this: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ve0bthekvr5lqmw/Collision_x_Jojo.zip/file

I have two patches for the collisions, maybe the "x jojo" is better, is passed time, I don't remember if is better, try it.

And for avoid the end of the demo if you go fainted I don't have a patch, but with a hex editor you can disable it yourself if you want nopping (typing 00) the offset $3928 to $392A and from $3932 to $3937 and perhaps replacing $3922 to CD value, try it.

If you want also to enable beginning events also in the debug mode (to go further and heal your pokémons trough the debug menu) go to the offset $5584 and replace the CA value to C3, but you will also lose all the bonus, like items in the bag and 3 random pokémons in your PC.

However will be better play my G/S/C hack roms extended mode "Like HG/SS", there is also a working Safari zone with rocks and bait:

https://hax.iimarckus.org/topic/7596/

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-03-25 23:02:37
That GSC hack of yours looks awesome. Like, really, really good. I've got it ready to play, but I'm just wondering, will I have to play through vanilla GSC first in order to get a taste for the new features in action?

Date: 2019-03-27 09:31:25

That GSC hack of yours looks awesome. Like, really, really good. I've got it ready to play, but I'm just wondering, will I have to play through vanilla GSC first in order to get a taste for the new features in action?
If you never played G/S/C maybe yes, but replay again the game will be boring I think. Play directly mine and you have only to know that VIRIDIAN FOREST, CERULEAN CAVE, SEAFOM ISLANDS, POKéMON MANSION and SAFARI ZONE were missing, like the safari battle type. And the events improved like all the Kanto legendaries (in original GSC you couldn't find legendaries) and the Kanto starters from Oak and the Poké Flute. ^^

Date: 2019-03-28 05:15:32
But everything up until Kanto is the same as the original?

I'll still play it, just want to know how much I can use speedup through.

Date: 2019-03-29 07:13:41
Mhh, to be specific:

In Pallet Town you have the Oak's script after defeating Red

In Viridian City you have an improved gym with trainers instead of only the gym leader

In route 2 you have access to the Viridian Forest

In Pweter city you have the access to the museum

In Cerulean city you have the HG/SS GB classic music (in clean roms you had again a copy of the Saffron theme as placeholder), the accessible bike shop and access to the Cerulean cave

In Route 24 and 25 you have the HG/SS GB classic music (in clean you had a copy of the most Kanto routes)

In Route 10 you have Zapdos (after the Silver License by Oak)

In Fuchsia city you have the same Cerulean music like in HG/SS (in the clean roms you had the same Celadon instead) the all texts fixed to the reopened Safari Zone and the access to the Safari zone, more a Safari zone little shop where you can buy evolutionary stones after Bill's grandpa given all to you

In route 20 you have the access to the huge Seafom islands and an improved Blaine's cave gym, in the clean roms was only 1 entrance to the Seafom islands and was only a little cave where you fight Blaine and stop. Was ugly!

In Silver Cave into a hidden grotto you can find Moltres.

Date: 2019-03-29 17:43:08
I guess I'll skip to Kanto then. Looks like great work. :)

Date: 2019-03-29 18:32:39
Thank you. Someone reported me grammar errors, I'm not a native english, if you're instead and you want to suggest me corrections for the texts please help me, I'll appreciate it. :)