Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Help....please.... - Page 1

Help....please....

Posted by: ShadowLugiaMaster
Date: 2007-01-30 22:45:18
well, the first reason i registered here was because i needed gameshark help.
What happened in order:
1. Did shiny code and caught poochyena and groudon.
2. Game glitched up.
3. i deleted the codes.
4. game still glitched up.

can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Re: Help....please....

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2007-01-31 09:50:00
Erm… well, I don't know much about Gamesharks, but the only way to remove the glitchiness may be to delete your savefile. Gamesharks and glitches can cause a lot of weird stuff to appear in the savefile that can't be removed unless it is deleted.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-01-31 13:52:49
Describe "Game glitched up"

Also is it cartridge. If it were ROM I could have a look at it.

I also find shiny codes VERY dodgy.

Date: 2007-01-31 17:39:14
well, the frame type went all glitched up, every time i went into battle it freezed, when i tried to fly to places, the pokemon would keep on flying, and not return to its pokeball. also, (first of all, i am a girl) when i went into a building i would change into this girl thats not even the main character, when i tried to run with her, it looked like she was floating.(not moving arms/legs) and, when i pressed the select button it went to the boy character and he started running as fast as a mach bike.(i personally found that to be funny)

anyways, will i still be able to trade?

Date: 2007-01-31 18:22:38
If it was a ROM I would want the save  ;)

Anyway, you should be able to trade to another game. Sound like there is no reason why it wouldn't inless the save has glitched the trade special event like it has battle and seemingly some other commands.

Date: 2007-01-31 19:16:21
will i be able to trade my shin groudon to other games? it appeared shiny cuz of the glitch.

Date: 2007-02-01 12:16:56
Should do…

Date: 2007-02-01 17:16:22
well, it was an AR.

Posted by: Bobaloo
Date: 2007-02-17 10:27:16

when i went into a building i would change into this girl thats not even the main character, when i tried to run with her, it looked like she was floating.(not moving arms/legs) and, when i pressed the select button it went to the boy character and he started running as fast as a mach bike.(i personally found that to be funny)

THAT HAPPENED TO ME TOO! :o I had an infinate pokedex code on And I teleported to lillycove (its a code) AND MY PERSON WAS THAT GIRL! I actually got into a battle (this is on an emulator by the way) and the back of the girl is the back of the leaf green girl! AND THATS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE GAME!

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-06-03 10:58:15

when i went into a building i would change into this girl thats not even the main character, when i tried to run with her, it looked like she was floating.(not moving arms/legs) and, when i pressed the select button it went to the boy character and he started running as fast as a mach bike.(i personally found that to be funny)

THAT HAPPENED TO ME TOO! :o I had an infinate pokedex code on And I teleported to lillycove (its a code) AND MY PERSON WAS THAT GIRL! I actually got into a battle (this is on an emulator by the way) and the back of the girl is the back of the leaf green girl! AND THATS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE GAME!

wait.
you mean the main girl from FR/LG appeared.
actually yes she is supposed to be in the game.
you know when you trade from FR/LG and Emerald or R/S

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2007-06-18 07:03:32

A complete dex code in my AR Max messed up my firered and it acted like i had beaten the E4 (even though I hadn't, with no HoF) but i sorted it out by getting Lorelei back and beating the E4 (thanks to my newly-hacked 65535 of all items with a quantity :P)

Posted by: Pesuk
Date: 2007-08-04 00:39:51

Erm… well, I don't know much about Gamesharks, but the only way to remove the glitchiness may be to delete your savefile. Gamesharks and glitches can cause a lot of weird stuff to appear in the savefile that can't be removed unless it is deleted.

Just dump the savedata into a PC and open it in a hex editor to see what's wrong. You might need to learn the hex values on whatever game it is you are talking about,ShadowLugiaMaster, because I highly doubt the game you are talking about uses ASCII text, because it is most likely on GB rather then the cube. If it's a rom that's beter.

Posted by: ryanbrea
Date: 2007-10-02 19:53:25
D: :'(

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-10-02 20:04:39
k ban'd

Posted by: Rbennett2336
Date: 2007-12-18 09:57:55
What kind of a gameshark do you need for Pokmon Pearl?