Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Hacking tutorial thread - Page 2

Re: Hacking tutorial thread

Posted by: PiMaster
Date: 2007-06-16 13:01:51
I assumed you just change the hex values.

I'm using the tutorial mentioned in this thread.

Posted by: Hydrall
Date: 2008-01-29 15:54:12
How do you use an ISP File, like Newo's Superglitch hack?

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-01-30 21:27:47
You mean .ips? If you use VBA, just give the IPS file and the ROM the same name – e.g., "superglitch.ips" and "superglitch.gb". VBA will automatically play a patched version if you then open superglitch.gb.

Posted by: Hydrall
Date: 2008-01-31 05:28:25
OH! Really? Awesome.

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2008-02-17 17:35:31
PLEASE can someone tell me why my Advance Map won't work!?
ok, i dowloaded Advance Map and a ruby ROM for it, so i go to load ROM and NOTHING IS THERE!
so then i go to All Files, and i try to load Ruby, THEN it says all ini. files must be in the ini. folder! i check the ini. folder and everything seems to be in there! so i add ruby ini. and then Advance map doesnt work! ITS PISSING ME OFF PLZ SOMEBODY HELP ME ON THIS D: >:(

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2008-02-17 18:37:42

ok, i dowloaded Advance Map and a ruby ROM for it, so i go to load ROM and NOTHING IS THERE!
so then i go to All Files, and i try to load Ruby, THEN it says all ini. files must be in the ini. folder! i check the ini. folder and everything seems to be in there! so i add ruby ini. and then Advance map doesnt work! ITS PISSING ME OFF PLZ SOMEBODY HELP ME ON THIS D: >:(

Hmm… it seems that ADvance Map hates you,
no, just messing, I'm not sure, try downloading it
again and run it, if not then sorry I can't help you
there :(.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2008-07-22 10:31:25
What about generation 2 games. I need a tutorial for goldmap because I screwed something up big time. if you don't believe me watch my pokemon gold beta map restoration hack video on youtube. Oh yeah, safari zone is now accessable from fuschia and has a gatehouse and warp to go back to fuschia. My hack is available fro download on my website if you want to try it. I also restored Cinnibar to the way it was in red and blue. Blue appears on the top right hand corner of cinnibar lab's roof. It looks pretty funny too because when you talk to him he talks about the volcano erupting and wiping everything out but the island is still there buildings and all. However, only the pokemon center is accessable at this time because I don't know how to edit hex and People keep telling me Figure it out by yourself or give complicated directions I don't understand. I've been trying to assemble a hacking team with various members of the pokemon hacking community but no one wants to help. Doesn't anyone want to share the glory with me? I'll try and embed my video here in case anyone wants to take a look. I can't do it at the time of typing because I'm at summer school and youtube's blocked. Luckily it is my last day.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-07-22 10:57:40

Chances are, you got a corrupt Ruby ROM.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2008-07-23 16:23:47
Download the new version.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-07-23 19:21:00

because I don't know how to edit hex and People keep telling me Figure it out by yourself or give complicated directions I don't understand

Try here.

Like I said at Sparta, feel free to ask individual hacking questions and I (and others maybe) will try to help. But nobody will make a hack for you.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2008-07-24 13:40:59
I think I have a hacking team recruit anyways. I got him via youtube. He'll help me with my hacks if I help him with his! The perfect deal! I think it is about time I blew this pocicle stand! So, Later!

I can't believe how retarded I was in July. It makes me want to punch myself.