Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Abwayaxboard Public Alpha 0.02 - suggestions needed - Page 1

Abwayaxboard Public Alpha 0.02 - suggestions needed

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-04-09 02:33:38
http://abwayax.com/area42/february30

This is a new forum software I'm developing. It is kind of based off Nemesis Bulletin Board (a fork of OvBB I made that ran Super Glitch Alliance for a short time), but it's a totally new project.

All layout, theme, and feature suggestions are welcome. Remember that it is an alpha product and thus is not feature-complete, nor do features already implemented work as intended (check the Bugs thread there for more details). Also check the planned features list.

Before anyone asks - no, I do not plan on converting GCLF to this new software. It would do no good; we already love SMF to death and have had it for a year. However, this software will be put to use on other projects of mine - most notably Gammapets and the new abwayax.com forums.

If you are a trusted member, I can give you admin access to Area42 so you can see the admin CP.

edit: new forum url for some reason

Re: Abwayaxboard Public Alpha 0.01 - suggestions needed

Posted by: Papa Doc
Date: 2007-04-10 18:26:39
Abwayax,you can trust me,i wanna see admin CP.

Date: 2007-04-11 00:18:12
You need to register there first.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-04-11 08:02:46
Tis very cool. I don't advise it for the forums here but maybe we could use it on the possible Glitchbattle forums.

Posted by: Papa Doc
Date: 2007-04-11 21:07:51
ok im gonna register,if i do will you give me acces?

Re: Abwayaxboard Public Alpha 0.02 - suggestions needed

Date: 2007-08-10 03:41:44
update: I'm willing to continue the project if someone wants to help me develop it. Knowledge of PHP is not required, in fact, I'm willing to teach anyone the necessary PHP to help script a bulletin board.

also, if people are going to help me develop it, it will need a name change. I'll probably call it something awesome like "Scrap Brain Board" or something.

Posted by: Mist-Cailus
Date: 2007-08-10 15:14:40
Hmm Ok!! I want to learn php and help you abby.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-08-12 01:00:56

update: I'm willing to continue the project if someone wants to help me develop it. Knowledge of PHP is not required, in fact, I'm willing to teach anyone the necessary PHP to help script a bulletin board.

I might help out… one of my classes this year is "Database Design and Introduction to SQL," which might be applicable. I can teach the basics of ASM as well, for ROM hacking purposes and such, though that's a separate area…

Posted by: d3ad connection
Date: 2007-08-13 00:58:26
Looks like it's pretty stable and working at the moment.

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2007-09-16 16:00:15

also, if people are going to help me develop it, it will need a name change. I'll probably call it something awesome like "Scrap Brain Board" or something.

I guess I can help you too. I was pretty interested in making a board, and I'd like to learn some PHP.

Posted by: CowgirlXena
Date: 2007-12-24 12:02:56
I can help out with anything Abb, that is if you want. Mod, admin or whatever and you can teach me PHP if you want.

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2007-12-25 20:01:57
I'm pretty good at photoshop, so I could create something(s) for the forum if you need it.

Date: 2007-12-27 14:45:12

I'm pretty good at photoshop, so I could create something(s) for the forum if you need it.

You want to be our graphics designer? Join up at that forum and we'll see what we can do

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-01-01 15:43:43
Okay, I've registered