Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Has anybody heard of... - Page 1

Has anybody heard of...

Posted by: MissingNo
Date: 2006-04-16 15:53:31
I bought a copy of Pokemon Red from a place called eStarland and a Gameshark Pro for Gameboy from VideoGameCentral.com. Has anyone had any experience buying from eStarland os VGC? I hear eStarland is quite slow. But $10.66 for Pokemon Red used (IMHO) is a decent deal. And $14 for a GS Pro?!?!? With UPS shipping?!?!? That's a deal!

Re: Has anybody heard of...

Posted by: DynaShock
Date: 2006-04-17 11:13:17
What?!? M'sorry, but I can't understand what the heck you mean.

Posted by: Radio F Software
Date: 2006-04-22 20:56:39
Heh, I got my copy of Pokemon Red for $0.00. :P A friend of mine at the time (who later turned into a total jerk off) left his copy at my house, and I found it years down the road with his save game on it "Bill".

I didn't have the heart to start a new file on it or chalk it up for MissingNo research though. :(

Posted by: MissingNo
Date: 2006-04-23 10:48:33
I got my Pokemon Red in a WEEK! They were FAST! And those review sites said they were slow! Hah!

Posted by: GlitchManic
Date: 2006-05-03 06:57:37
I got my yellow for 9.99$ at EB games - used. But there wasn't any need for shipping!

Posted by: Robjoe1107
Date: 2006-05-05 09:17:41
But there wasn't any need for shipping!

Sure there was. You taking it home was shipping. =P

Anyway, so you say $10.66 for Red was a good deal? What do the 1st Gen Pok?mon games usually sell for?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-05-06 05:47:19
Anyway, so you say $10.66 for Red was a good deal? What do the 1st Gen Pok?mon games usually sell for?

I think I got my current Red cartridge for at least $7.00, at most $10.00.

Date: 2006-05-07 03:40:52
Hmm. Does anyone know where to find Green? I've searched around eBay, and didn't find anything useful. I don't care whether or not it comes with the box, manual, or other stuff (though it would be nice), I just want a cartridge in good shape.

Any help is much appreciated.

Posted by: DynaShock
Date: 2006-05-16 02:34:55
Green is very rare these days, so you'd have a better chance of emulating it than buying it.

Date: 2006-05-16 03:27:37
I know, but I found one on eBay that was complete with the game, box, protective case, manual, and even adveratisements from the box. Talk about lucky. =P Although, it's been a while since the auction ended, I've paid, and to my knowledge, the guy still hasn't shipped it. I wonder what's taking them so long?