Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Heh, snuck on my computer :P - Page 2

Re: Heh, snuck on my computer :P

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-08 06:46:07
You're grounded pretty often it seems (no offense).

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-12-08 06:57:30
He hasn't stopped being grounded. He is grounded till summer.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-12-08 10:45:53
Fortunately I usually don't get grounded much from being on GCL cause my parents don't know how much I like it and how much I come on! You see, the common parent will usually look for something that you consider a favorite activity to ground you from, usually depending on how big of a "disobediance" you have committed. they usually ground me from video games because that is my VERY favorite thing to do and I can't hide that hobby at all! But IF, under circumstances, you find something you do like that can be hidden sometimes and you are willing to hide, do it quite a bit. The more your parents forget about it, the less likely they are to ground you from it. Since they don't like internet chats and forums anyways, I STILL have to come here in secret most of the time anyways, especially the chat =_=. On a rare occasion that they see me on the forums, they sometimes don't mind too much so thats kinda good. But ONLY if I have everything done (they are knit-picky about chores and such foo) so thats the downside (ehehehe I like taking a break before finishing the chores). I am not being Mr.decietful sneaky bad boy or anything, this is just what I have to do in order to maintain sanity from my incredibly stubborn, internet police parents  -_-. It is the simple need to live my life the way I see fit.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-12-08 10:52:34

He hasn't stopped being grounded. He is grounded till summer.

That a long time to be grounded.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-12-08 10:54:58
How can his parents ground him for a full year?

Date: 2007-12-08 10:56:05

How can his parents ground him for a full year?

I don't know, but he would have had to do something really bad.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-12-08 10:57:43
Yeah parents sometimes appear to overuse their authority sometimes.

Date: 2007-12-08 11:00:44
Tell me about it.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-12-08 15:55:54

Yeah parents sometimes appear to overuse their authority sometimes.

Sometimes, but bear in mind that they've had a lot more life experience than you. In general they're justified, hard as it may be to see it that way.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-12-08 15:56:59
I have never been grounded in my life, what does it feel like?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-08 15:58:32
I only get grounded from something for 1 or 2 weeks at most.