Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Gameshark Madness - Page 1

Gameshark Madness

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-10-12 16:09:15
A couple of months ago I chucked my GS [for GBC] at the wall and it still works
And parts are falling off and stuff like the cover and the shizzz.
Amazing huh? ;D :o

Re: Gameshark Madness

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-10-13 21:28:09
Meanwhile I misuse the Mod Shop code (thought I needed to talk to the actual shop owner) on Leafgreen and totally fry my GS, but Leafgreen is fine  ;D

My second GS isn't working either. It's refusing to go past the start-up screen. And I've hardly ever USED the thing. Any suggestions?

Date: 2007-10-13 21:34:59
Hmmm Well My friend bought a GS for GBA and it doesnt work very well etheir
I mean it wont even start up! D:

Date: 2007-10-13 21:39:52
Hmm…out of curiousity, does part of the opening screen text not come up? (Ex Game Boy with no Nintendo underneath?) That's the problem mine has…

Date: 2007-10-13 21:41:31
Well the thing is we turn on the Nintendo DS and well nothing comes up it just freezes I Believe
it wont work

Date: 2007-10-13 21:47:35
Hmmm…well, I only have a GBA GS. I really want one for the GBC, though. Well, R/B/Y hardly need it, but it'd be useful for G/S/C

Date: 2007-10-13 21:48:32
I have a GBC GS
I got it off of Amazon.com :]

Date: 2007-10-13 22:28:26
I suspect there's some at this little shop with a bunch of old games/comics/collectibles/whatnot, but I never get around to going there.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-17 18:37:50
I bought a GS for my GBA over the summer. The first code I put in broke it.  :'( >:( O_o D: :-[ :-X

[size=5pt]chill out with the smilies ;]
thxx
-scf3[/size]

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-10-19 10:37:59

I bought a GS for my GBA over the summer. The first code I put in broke it.  :'( >:( O_o D: :-[ :-X

[size=5pt]chill out with the smilies ;]
thxx
-scf3[/size]

Dang. That's a bummer.

Date: 2007-10-23 17:37:54
I broke my first GBA GS with Mod Shop code stupidity. You see, you use the Mod Shop to make any person sell items to you (the items are generic ulness you use furthur codes to alter them. You press certain buttons, talk to the person, who says their usual thing, and afterwards the Buy/Sell/Quit menu from a shop pops up, and you buy stuff.

When I first used the code, I didn't realize that you had to use a REGULAR person. Because it involved buying items, I assumed you used it on the SHOPKEEPER. Whenever I used it on the shopkeeper, I wouldn't be able to scroll down the menu, but instead my char would move around, with the sale screen still up. Figuring that I was doing it wrong somehow, I pressed the key buttons again…and again…and again…until it started making a freaky static noise O_o. I turned off the game.

Upon checking it, the game was fine. But my poor Gameshark never got past the start-up GBA screen after that XD.