Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The worst music genre is? - Page 2

Re: The worst music genre is?

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2007-12-15 13:54:57
I don't see how anybody could hate Pop music.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-12-15 13:59:48
Most of pop music is manufactured, such as American Idol stars who get it easy!

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2007-12-15 14:08:52

Yes, but, you know, there are some people who believe that because some Beatles songs were about drugs, that EVERY Beatles song was about drugs.

EXACTLY! That's just what Marckus was saying! Just because there's one [size=5pt]some[/size][size=3pt]a lot[/size] rap song that's about sex, drugs, or gangs, A lot of people decide that the genre as a whole is about it.

Date: 2007-12-17 19:09:39
True, but an AWFUL lot seem to involve it in some way, even if it's not what it is mainly about.

I also believe Hoggins has the best point of all (and I quote his post for emphasis):

At least some people actually LIKE country music. Most of those people who listen to rap do it simply because they think it's cool ([size=8pt]or "bling", "diggin'", etc.[/size]). Note I did not say all of them.

Yes. Exactly.

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2007-12-17 21:22:22

Most of pop music is manufactured, such as American Idol stars who get it easy!

True, but 80's and 70's pop is pretty good.

Date: 2008-01-18 17:33:15
Sorry to bump this, but I'm closing this poll. Rap wins.