Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Banned people - Page 1

Banned people

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2007-12-28 00:26:16
I've seen a lot of people were banned without ever posting. Did They send someone rude/threatening messages or something?

Re: Banned people

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2007-12-28 00:41:08

I've seen a lot of people were banned without ever posting. Did They send someone rude/threatening messages or something?
There are people like that? Post a link to one of there profiles please.

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2007-12-28 04:55:35

Well, yes, or they had spammed the place, so said person would be banned, and the spam would be removed, so it would appear they had never posted.

Posted by: XD003
Date: 2007-12-28 09:01:46
Hmm, i still think we should erase any profiles that have been idle for 1 years time - off topic

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-12-28 11:25:20
I agree.

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2007-12-28 12:12:51

Hmm, i still think we should erase any profiles that have been idle for 1 years time - off topic

But then the membercount would drop, and that's never a good thing.

Date: 2007-12-28 15:28:52

But then the membercount would drop, and that's never a good thing.

We still should be truthful.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2007-12-28 15:34:49

But then the member count would drop, and that's never a good thing.
I don't think member count counts, as all that matters is that the people make a good community!

Date: 2007-12-28 16:18:26

I don't think member count counts, as all that matters is that the people make a good community!

Members who are banned are still members.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-28 17:05:10

It isn't what really matters, but it's just like postcount really. Better records.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-12-28 17:32:11
Alot are spambots, spammed drug sales once then got the post deleted and they are banned.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-12-28 18:20:44
Drug sales?

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-12-28 20:57:57
I agree with Yuzihax. Go ahead with it. Most likely they're not coming back, although, you never know…

I meant 003 g, not Yuzihax, sorry…

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2007-12-28 21:06:36
One thing I'll say about keeping banned people's profiles is that it shows that the site is keeping an eye out for no-good-doers.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-12-29 08:56:28
Some reasons why people are banned:
Selling Insurance
Window Shutters ....(?)
People who truck ideas
People who hate us...
Idiots and clones
More idiots
More of the same
And other spammers, raiders and idiots.