Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

What the..? - Page 1

What the..?

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2008-02-29 19:40:23
When I looked at "Who's Online", I saw that we have an influx of guests attempting to post in one section, a failed spam attack I'd infer.
Anyway, I got a screenshot.

[img]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa156/Yuzihax/wtf-3.png?t=1204335511[/img]

Re: What the..?

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-02-29 19:43:12
I doubt it. By the way, nice song you were looking up on youtube-*points to 2nd page at top*

Date: 2008-02-29 19:45:28

I doubt it. By the way, nice song you were looking up on youtube-*points to 2nd page at top*

How can you doubt a spam attack when several guests are trying to post in one area at the same time.
If it's not a spam attack, it's a pretty freaking large coincidence.

Also, yeah, I like that song, XD.

Date: 2008-02-29 19:51:33
The band for me.

Well, they haven't joined, maybe it was a group of friends just "checking" out the website. MAYBE. They didn't join, so I guess no harm has been done.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-02-29 19:55:29
I didn't know that guests could post in a section other than the Anonymous Board or Site Announcements. When I was a guest, I never got the post option except in those two boards.

Date: 2008-02-29 19:57:00

I didn't know that guests could post in a section other than the Anonymous Board or Site Announcements. When I was a guest, I never got the post option except in those two boards.

Well, it'll say that they're posting because they're attempting to.
They can't post there, and it tells them that when they try to post something.

Date: 2008-02-29 19:59:50
I'm going to log out and see for myself.

Nope. There was no "Post" option.

Date: 2008-02-29 20:08:03

I'm going to log out and see for myself.

Nope. There was no "Post" option.

Oh, well, I was going on assumption anyway.

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2008-02-29 21:13:23

The band for me.

Well, they haven't joined, maybe it was a group of friends just "checking" out the website. MAYBE. They didn't join, so I guess no harm has been done.

Hmm… Tommy might be right, but it might be safer to put up, if possible, a safeguard to throw off spambots. Btw- Might there be another fan of chao in the audience?

Date: 2008-02-29 22:02:26

The band for me.

Hmm… Tommy might be right, but it might be safer to put up, if possible, a safeguard to throw off spambots. Btw- Might there be another fan of chao in the audience?

Chao? The Sonic Chao things?

Guests and whatnot already cannot post, there's already a safeguard in place.

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2008-02-29 22:08:58
One: Yes, these would be what I speak of:
[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i227/Ghostsanora/silver.gif[/img]

Two: That's true, but there's still the anonymous board.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-03-01 23:57:54

Two: That's true, but there's still the anonymous board.

It says that they were posting in the Emulation section, though.
[offtopic]I think one of the guests had the IP of my old desktop.[/offtopic]

EDIT: It's happening again now, but smaller. This time it was four guests posting in the Emulation section.