Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Newtype's DEAD! - Page 1

Newtype's DEAD!

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-03-03 20:41:37
Sadly, one of my favorite magazines, Newtype, no longer exists. For those who don't know, it was a massive magazine dedicated wholly to anime and manga, covering both stuff released here and still in Japan. Looks like my subscription ran out just in time…how ironic.

Re: Newtype's DEAD!

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-03-03 20:50:04

Sadly, one of my favorite magazines, Newtype, no longer exists. For those who don't know, it was a massive magazine dedicated wholly to anime and manga, covering both stuff released here and still in Japan. Looks like my subscription ran out just in time…how ironic.

Wonder what the last words were.

Re: Newtype's DEAD!

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-03-03 20:59:13
Lemme check:

"We've…we've just recieved word that this is the last issue of Newtype USA magazine. Good heavens! There was so much anime left to watch, so much manga to read…but no worries, for we hear the same folks are launching a new, even better magazine real soon! Wahey! Oooh, and since this is the last issue, I can say anything I want without repercussions! Sweet! Hey, wait'll you hear the dirt I got about all the…oh crap I'm out of"

And it leaves off there. This was all crammed in tiny text at the bottom of the last page.