Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Teh Knight Fight, 2.0 - Page 1

Teh Knight Fight, 2.0

Posted by: Don Watermeleon
Date: 2008-03-28 21:19:49
A few of you might remember a small little demo of this game called Knight Fight, where you fought epic battles between Mr. Volleyball vs. Mr. Soccarball (he was a tough opponent, I never could defeat him) on a plethora of different stages based on real websites.

Developement on the game was going really nicely, but sadly most of the people helping with the game left and it just pretty much died away.

Well this summer, I'm planning to revive this game (With probably a different title. Maybe…GCL…fight? Bah) and make it bigger than ever, with the same premise of people off of this site fighting on stages based on different websites, and best of all I already have written my own fighting engine, which is half decent, and I just need to fill the game up with ideas.

I plan to have this as a pretty big project, one that could take about 2 months to finish (since we only have to put graphics and characters now), but graphics aren't my strong points, and since this won't be a Knight only game anymore, I'm accepting anyone from GCL.

So if you'd like to help me as a Developer, I guess make a post here or something. Yuzi, you were really good with the last Knight Fight, I hope you'll join again. And if you have any ideas for a character or a stage, you can also post that in this topic (yes, you can post an idea for yourself as a character). Officially developement for this fighting sim will begin right when I get off for summer break, but the more I can prepare in advance, the better. So thanks to everyone who wants to help out with this community project. :)

Re: Teh Knight Fight, 2.0

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2008-03-28 21:31:12
Ah hell, I reckon I'll rejoin the old development team.
There's still a Yes Man position right? That's all I'm qualified to do, XD.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-03-28 22:14:49
How do you become a charicter in this game? XD :P
Anyway, I'll be looking forward to trying this game.

Date: 2008-03-28 22:26:47
Well, you'd submit the ideas for yourself as a character, and I guess I'd add you to the game :P

So feel free to help out. :) Anyway, as an example of my work (from November 2007), here's a platformer game called Dull. I recently made a few changes and uploaded it as Dull Redux, so I hope you guys enjoy this.

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/30719

Date: 2008-03-28 22:45:29

Well, you'd submit the ideas for yourself as a character, and I guess I'd add you to the game :P

So feel free to help out. :) Anyway, as an example of my work (from November 2007), here's a platformer game called Dull. I recently made a few changes and uploaded it as Dull Redux, so I hope you guys enjoy this.

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/30719
Ideas, like pictures? If so Prepare for soome pretty sucky ones.

Posted by: Deokishisu
Date: 2008-03-28 22:53:24
Looks interesting, i look forward to the day when this game is real, I would like to help in anyway I can.

Date: 2008-03-28 22:55:06
There's a demo out there from the first version, someone might know the link.

But for ideas, I mean like for example:

Name: Bob
Descriptions: He's really tall and has noodly snakes for arms
Attacks: The snake-arms extend and wrap around the opponent or something

Just post any sort of idea you want. And if you're good at art, feel free to join the staff. :)

Posted by: Deokishisu
Date: 2008-03-28 22:59:43
Hmm, idea…

Name: Lee
Descriptions: Big, Tall, intimidatingish, Boss
Attacks: Hyperyell, Hulk Smash, Shoot stuff with a gun

Date: 2008-03-28 23:32:17
Name: Tranceformer fivex
Description:Tall, can tranceform into anything, Boss.
Attacks:Crush, Motercycle, Bomb, Mimic, Laser gun, Mega crush.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-03-29 08:13:54
I'd love to help this in any way I can. Also, my characters:

Name: Phrawger
Description: Tall and thin. Brown hair, wrapped in a cloak of some sort.
Attacks: Sets things on fires and summons frogs.

Name: GoldSage (omg)
Description: Decked out in full Knight armor. Solid Gold.
Attacks: I assume he'll use a sword of some sort. Maybe the occasional Pylon.

Date: 2008-03-29 19:08:14
http://knightfight.6.forumer.com/index.php

Anyway, it's unfinished, but I set up a small Forum for the development of Knight Fight. Hopefully some people will join and we can help build up staff for when we begin creating in June 1st.

And thanks for your support everyone. I think the new Knight Fight can be a real success. :D