Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

YouTube is run by douchebags. - Page 1

YouTube is run by douchebags.

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2008-05-19 20:53:46
If any of you keep up with some of the times on YouTube, you may know about the suspensions of game reviewers like PlayItBogart and even the AVGN (he was suspended just about an hour-or-so ago, actually).
They've been removed for things such as terms of violation, etc.
Which, overall, is a load of complete bullshit, they used said content in a way that wasn't infringing.
So yeah, it's like YouTube's intentionally trying to destroy the reviewing community, due to a coincidental chain of events:

Coincidences or something set in place by those douchebags YouTube calls staff? Who knows?

Meh, dunno why I did this, but it's really pissed me off, and I felt the need to post it somewhere.

Re: YouTube is run by douchebags.

Posted by: FooBot
Date: 2008-05-20 08:26:01
THeres been a crackdown on copyright infringements and youtube has been threatend with several lawsuits lately.
They are just covering thier ass; wouldnt you?
Youtubes not the only place to watch reviews and stuff though so its no problem really

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2008-05-20 10:49:29

THeres been a crackdown on copyright infringements and youtube has been threatend with several lawsuits lately.
They are just covering thier ass; wouldnt you?
Youtubes not the only place to watch reviews and stuff though so its no problem really

They chose a way to cover their ass that pisses everyone off :P

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2008-05-20 10:51:30
Either its random morons slash nerds or the damn system is glitched.  D:

Stupid Youtube.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-05-20 10:53:14

THeres been a crackdown on copyright infringements and youtube…

Copyright? What's that?

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2008-05-20 13:08:13
Like FooBot said, they're just covering their arses.

And ?????(000), search it up on Wikipedia.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-05-20 16:12:56
The same dudes deleting the Abridged Yu-Gi-Oh and Naruto…

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2008-05-21 04:18:47
YouTube has a damn bug making it more damn horrible.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-05-21 12:59:18
I know what you mean, Yuzi, them bastards, deleted all sorts from there it's bullshit. Funny they haven't deleted the intros to the Silent Hill games, oh no, they delete everything else, like wrestling clips, cartoons, and so on, it's just bullshit.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-05-21 16:03:33

I know what you mean, Yuzi, them bastards, deleted all sorts from there it's bullshit. Funny they haven't deleted the intros to the Silent Hill games, oh no, they delete everything else, like wrestling clips, cartoons, and so on, it's just bullshit.

Clips from wrestling matches are copyright to their respective companies.
Clips from cartoons are the same way.
Deleting those two things is completely correct for YouTube to do or else they could be sued and NOTHING would ever be on the site again.

Now, the AVGN and others like him that review video games have a total right to do so because the clips are not copyrighted. THAT's the problem here.

And it sucks.