Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Website hosters. - Page 1

Website hosters.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-05-24 01:46:02
This is really driving me batshit, crazy. Angelfire, Tripod, and Freewebs, suck! Seriously, they are useless. Tripod, are okay but, what pisses me off is the pop-ups, and I ain't paying out money I don't got, for a stupid, Pro/Plus accounts, and others just to get rid of pop-ups. Freewebs, are also crap. The skins, suck, and other options, are useless to me. I can only use free web hosters they won't cost me anything, and without pop-ups, ads, and other bullshit that drives others away. So, any ideas? I'm trying to create a website for my Guild, on Guild Wars, but I don't know any sites, other than the three, I've used in the past, but all were crap. I know a lot of 'em, you need to pay for, and so on, but I don't have the money, plus I'm in the UK, not US, for them, so I'm flat out of ideas. I've searched Google, and other toolbars, I have but I come up with the same sites, or just sites that are insane.

Re: Website hosters.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-05-24 01:52:41
You may have to make a forum.

Date: 2008-05-24 02:02:08
I already own one too many forums, as it is. There's my old Guild forms, but the guilds died, due to lack of people, and them who never gave a rats arse, when I hleped them out… Proboards, are too strange, for me, they've deleted forums, that my friends, tried to run, the other forum hosters are okay, pretty good, too, uh, one of them was too strict, so haven't bothered with them.

Date: 2008-05-24 02:14:24
I own too many forums to count aswell. :/
Still, there is one website that will give you a free .co.nr domain. Nor forsure what it's called.

Date: 2008-05-24 02:17:00
Hmm, I do create websites first, then create a forum, when I have people, in the guild who are gonna stay more than a day, or 5 seconds, before leaving. ?? I've searched many sites, and a lot are just silly, to pay just to host a bloody Internet Website.

Date: 2008-05-24 02:24:57
K found the link:
http://www.freedomain.co.nr/

Date: 2008-05-24 02:26:59
Hmm, interesting. Thanks. I'll try 'em later, when I'm not loosing on sleep. It's 7:30am here, I'm still awake. Once the site is up, then I'll have to hunt somewhere for a forum hoster, that won't annoy me.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-05-24 12:30:24
To make a forum, download SMF from http://simplemachineforums.com

That's only if you're making your computer a server.

Date: 2008-05-24 12:52:29
I've tried them before, but haven't worked. I can't get 'em to work.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-05-24 21:39:24
Byethost - PHP, Perl, 3 MySQL databases, FTP access, ad-free, doesn't add tracking scripts to your pages

As for forums, try PunBB. You can run it from a Byethost account.

Date: 2008-05-24 22:55:01
Hmm, cool. I'll check them out later, when I remember.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-05-27 10:53:20

I own too many forums to count aswell. :/
Still, there is one website that will give you a free .co.nr domain. Nor forsure what it's called.

What scares me is that you're only 9.

Date: 2008-05-27 16:30:59
Hmm, if no one has any other links, to post I'll lock this.