Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Realization - Page 1

Realization

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2008-06-14 02:18:10
…There's a lot I could say about myself as of right now, I could say I'm tyrannical, bastardly, Hitler-esqe, dictator-like, and the list continues.
Point is, I've finally reached a realization that I am all of the above and more, more than half the GCL userbase has put up with shit that I've slung at them since I first got any sort of power, there's so many members I've wronged, so many I could of wronged, and so many I've driven away.
And there's many an active member on IRC and here right now that I've wronged and still stayed behind, and there's something in need of doing that I haven't done and should have a long time ago.
I'm going to apologize to each of you, and no, I'm not emo-ing, but coming to the realization that I've become a totalitarian asshole; the one kind of person I ultimately despise, I've also come to the realization that many an apology is in order.

First off, I want to extend an extremely long-overdue apology to Abwayax, many a member of his I've done a complete injustice, and I cannot excuse myself for such acts, and I consider the fact that he's kept me around, much less in a staff position, for this long even due to my attitude and tendency to act like a total Hitler II to his members, something he didn't have to do, you could of trashed me many an insult ago Abwayax, and the fact you didn't makes me most grateful.

Another apology I want to extend is one towards Bluelatios, for many a time I've gone and flown completely off-the-handle during certain debates over the perversion and whatnot in #glitchcity, and this is not justifiable in any sort of form, and the kind of hateful behavior created just via an argument is certainly not excusable.

Thirdly, I want to apologize to those whom make their membership making RPGs and posting in them, especially to ?????(000) and Mutou Yami, whom today I completely flew off and exploded on the both of them just on a matter of "respect" which not only wasn't a justified action on my part, makes me look completely like a hypocrite due to my actions, not to mention that I've already taken the stance of locking RPGs and posting in parody RPGs due to my beliefs on them.

Another person whom I wish to apologize to is CyberCyndiquil, whom's signature I have edited twice at the current for containing things on me which I didn't like, even being an administrator, I have absolutely no right to edit one's signature unprovoked, I know now that administrators are supposed to be equals with their members, not be completely totalitarian, and for that I extend a long overdue apology.

Another long-overdue apology for my bastardism is extended to Don Watermeleon, whom has been wronged on many an occasion such as his Member+ nomination and other trivial things in the aftermath, I said several things to you, Don, that I really shouldn't of said, just because I feel I'm an administrator and have a God given right to do what I want, which is false in itself, I don't have the right to post such about another, and for that I truly and honestly apologize.

I want to also apologize to xparasite9, for being a complete bastard to him on exceedingly multiple occasions in which I was a complete ass, nobody has the right to explicitly insult another, and definitely not vote on a gline towards you just due to being biased from the previous perversion debacles that took place on the IRC, nor does any further insults in the aftermath of said arguments sparring from that are justifiable.

Third to last, I want to apologize to the entire staff and all browsing guests of Glitch City Laboratories, towards the staff for having to put up with all my shit and still having the patience to keep me around even though I've been a complete Second Hitler, and to the guests whom now refrain from joining Glitch City Laboratories due to my actions which you were able to browse whilst viewing the forums.

Second to last, I want to apologize to my latest target MewthreeX, for this is just completely wrong for me to talk such towards you just because you've not read the rules, I understand that I've actually jumped upon you on the first offense, and being a staff member I shouldn't of done such without at least giving one or two members and a referral towards the rules first.
I'd also like to apologize towards whichever parent had PM'd me about my conduct, I understand that I had no call to talk such towards your son, and this is not a justifiable action in any case.

Finally, I want to apologize to all the members of Glitch City Laboratories' Forums and those whom I've wronged and neglected to mention, you've all put up with my crap and still after my demotion when I wanted to leave, wanted me back, I'm really in awe how many of you are forgiving towards me even though time and again I've been a complete douchebag towards all of you, and I cannot stress enough that I give you my deepest apologies, and that I do not beg for forgiveness, for which I am not deserving of such, nobody has the right to act like me, and it's certainly not forgivable conduct.

This is all I wish to say, I reiterate my apology towards all whom I've listed and to every member and guest of the forums; I do not ask for forgiveness, just the knowledge that I am sorry for my actions.

Re: Realization

Posted by: XD003
Date: 2008-06-14 02:33:11
I noticed a change in you last summer, and thought it was nothing as I didn't know you all that well. Now that I think about it, when I did notice, I was afraid to tell you because I thought you might fly off the handle at me. Yuzi, I wont deny you've changed, but you can revert back to normal. I should have tried helping when I saw what was going on, and for that alone I apologize to you.

I, as well, also apologize to everyone here at GCLF for my "behavior" that followed some peoples actions. I don't ask for your forgiveness, I just wanted to apologize for my mistakes…

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-06-14 02:36:50
Bah, it's ok.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-06-14 02:38:57
Apology accepted.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-06-14 05:50:57
I'm still pretty pissed with you and Gary, your for actions, yesterday. Like the saying goes, "It takes years of trust, but only seconds to break it". Normally I ain't so forgiving, but I guess I can let you off the hook for now, perhaps this once. I forgive you, for now Yuzi.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-06-14 07:48:49
Same here. Seeing as I was one of the ones being apologized to.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2008-06-15 22:21:42
Damn.
It takes guts to fess up to something like this. Most people just try to change there ways and hope it all goes unnoticed. You not only apologizing for it but also summing up everything in a huge fourm post takes humility. A person with any humility, expectedly one with this much, is not a totalitarian bastard. In fact, quite the opposite. So I [size=1pt]not like I have any right to do this but whatever[/size] commend, not condemn,  you for this action and the other actions of humility and respect that are sure to follow. For whatever its worth, Apology accepted.

~~~Zach the Glitch Buster

Posted by: yinyang147
Date: 2008-06-16 00:41:00
I believe I said this once before, but I forgive you. And I'm sorry for the part I played in your demotion.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-06-16 07:50:45
I agree whole-heartedly with Zach. I'll also say that this is one of the most mature things I've read on a forum in a long, long time. Well done Yuzi. Well done.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2008-06-16 22:04:10
Apology accepted times a million.
"whom's signature I have edited twice at the current for containing things on me which I didn't like"

Lulz. And all this freaking drama with mino,you and me on irc. damn.

Im not still g-lined.. am I?  ;D haha kidding.
Now I just gotta go persuade mino…