Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Calling the Mythbusters. - Page 1

Calling the Mythbusters.

Posted by: MissingNo
Date: 2006-08-04 15:15:35
I called the Mythbusters. (Part 1)
You might have seen the show on Discovery Channel, "Mythbusters."
Featuring Adam, Jamie, Grant, etc.
Well I decided to call them. The phone number wasn't found on M5 Industries' web site, but Yellow Pages told me the truth.
So I called.
Them: M5, this is Dennis.
Me: Who is this?
Them: Dennis.
Me: Is Adam there?
Them: No, he isn't, can I take a message?
Me: Are any of the mythbusters there?
Them: No, they are at the other shop.
Me: What's that phone number?
Them: I am not allowed to tell you.
Them: You can reach them, however, through the Discovery website, or via email.
Me: OK. Bye!
Me hangs up in Skype.

Well, look it up on Yellow Pages- but remember- this is for buisness only. I didn't know that. Oops.

Contact: Due to the popularity of Mythbusters we have had to remove our phone number from the website. If you are a business and need to contact us, please do so by emailing [Censored]. Please email this address only if you have a serious business related inquiry. We will respond to your inquiry immediately by email or phone.

***ATTENTION MYTHBUSTERS AUDIENCE: If you are a fan of the show and want to comment, email [email]mythbusters@m5industries.com[/email] I read all emails but as a rule do not have time to respond. The show is world wide and there are too many fans to respond personally to. I am very interested in your feedback however, so please do email us; many of the shows we do are a result of these emails. Thank you for your interest, we appreciate the support.

BEFORE EMAILING READ BELOW IN CASE IT ADDRESSES YOUR CONCERNS !!!!
-I do not do tours of the facility; we are constantly under a great deal of pressure to meet deadlines and cannot take the time to do this. Plus much of what we do would put bystanders at risk.

-I cannot give out information/instruction about techniques or materials we use on the show to individuals. I only do this as a courtesy for business or institutional requests; law enforcement, fire fighting and rescue, military, medical, engineering, research and so on. While I don't pretend to have serious expertise in these areas, I am happy to share what I can if I have time.

-I do not accept job applications from outside the Bay Area. M5 is a small company and we do not import people; we support the local talent pool as best we can and there are already more qualified people here than we have work for. I also cannot give advice on how to prepare for or obtain this kind of work. There is not much of it to be had, alot of people want to do it, and there is no particular training available for it. If you are local to the San Francisco area, by all means send a resume.

-If you feel the need for an autograph, you MUST send a self addressed stamped envelope- and it must be big enough to hold a 5" x 7" photo. It must also be ready to just be mailed; if we need to do more than just put it in the mail we will not send it : many requests from outside the country need forms and such to be filled out so we will not send them.

The address of M5 (if you want an autograph):
M5 Industries
1268 Missouri Street
San Francisco, California
94107-3310