Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

I hate England - Page 1

I hate England

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-08-18 04:18:29
Everything's expensive. It gets frigidly cold, in August. And oh, the traffic, the traffic is terrible. I've never feared for my life more as a pedestrian.

more to come when I'm home, without a 30 min limit at the city library (also I hate british keyboards)

Re: I hate England

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-08-18 10:24:10
I live in England. Sure, the crimes here are insane, and such but I've been in this country all my life, sure I hate most of it but hell. England is home to me. It gets cold it gets cold. "Global Warming", as it is said to cause summer to be very hot, and "Global Cooling" or whatever it was called makes the cold weather even more lovely. I love the cold and winter. Be thankful we don't get much snow here because America get like shit loads of snow and we barely get a few feet of snow.

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2008-08-19 13:47:19
I like England, in my opinion it's slightly better than USA.  :P

Date: 2008-08-19 14:40:21
:XD: It does get cold here in England, but it's no where near as cold as it is, in Russia, I hear. I hate the hot weather, so I like the cold weather. The only thing I dislike about being British, is that we get good games, later then Amercia, do. It's not fair. I had to wait a year and 8-9 months for a game, that soon came out here in 08, in May. *Shakes her head*

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-08-19 15:32:42
I live in a very sparse part of England, so there is no traffic here… inless you count thousands of migrating OAPs.
Near Wales… Lots of Rain, though it has been quite nice recently. Used to live in the east, which has very Bitter winds… Especially in Winter when it comes from Siberia.

I have a job but I never buy anything so I am not really feeling this "Credit Crunch/ Ressession"

Whats wrong with British Keyboards… Anyway, you cound re-organise them how you like and reprogram the system file. (Get a nice shitty one which the buttons fall off)

Date: 2008-08-19 16:12:20
I just laughed at that last part. Some British keyboards to kinda suck, if it's them really cheap ones that if you drop it the keys fall out or something.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-08-21 20:42:06
No, I'm saying British keyboard layouts are bad. And reprogramming them really wasn't an option while I was at the library.

But whatever, at least you don't see as many fat people. I'm back in the USA now, and really don't want to leave again. Ever. Maybe it'll pass.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2008-09-01 11:33:22
Just F.Y.I "America" doesn't get a lot of snow. Around Boston where I am, I get lots of snow, several feet on a good year. But down in Las vegas, the idea of snow is a joke. So its even.  America is huge just a little smaller then Europe, so its going to be diverse. But just F.Y.I if you guys think stuff is over priced there, try shopping with the U.S dollar. The pound is what, worth more then double the dollar?