Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Suicide (the soda kind) - Page 1

Suicide (the soda kind)

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-08-30 23:08:51
As you may or may not know I used to work at a Sonic drive in for a little over a year. During my time there I became proficient at working a soda fountain.

As you may or may not know, at Sonic there are several flavors you can mix in with your drink. Sonic's marketing dept claims that 168,894 drink combos are possible with these flavors (the actual number is a bit over 600,000 according to some blog, I'm not going to try it out though!), so there's certainly a lot of variety possible here.

What I'd do, during my break, is take a cup and mix in every flavor of soda we had (minus the diet sodas, which I assumed tasted like the non-diet sodas), and then every all the flavor syrups possible, mix and enjoy. It tastes kinda funny and is a blackish color, probably because of the grape coloring, but it's not really bad (actually it's quite tasty).

So have any of you tried a "suicide" before?

Re: Suicide (the soda kind)

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-08-31 14:07:51

As you may or may not know I used to work at a Sonic drive in for a little over a year. During my time there I became proficient at working a soda fountain.

As you may or may not know, at Sonic there are several flavors you can mix in with your drink. Sonic's marketing dept claims that 168,894 drink combos are possible with these flavors (the actual number is a bit over 600,000 according to some blog, I'm not going to try it out though!), so there's certainly a lot of variety possible here.

What I'd do, during my break, is take a cup and mix in every flavor of soda we had (minus the diet sodas, which I assumed tasted like the non-diet sodas), and then every all the flavor syrups possible, mix and enjoy. It tastes kinda funny and is a blackish color, probably because of the grape coloring, but it's not really bad (actually it's quite tasty).

So have any of you tried a "suicide" before?

I haven't yet, but now I'm pretty sure i need to.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-09-01 21:04:38
I remember finding out about those back in Little League from a teammate, and then ordering one after the game, because we apparently got a free soft drink of our choice at the concessions stand if we won or something.

Posted by: HiddenShadow
Date: 2008-09-09 15:05:44
I mixed Sprite with Grape Soda once. Tasted like Mountain Dew Pitch Black. Loved it! I've been meaning to get flavor added to soda when I go to Sonic, but everytime I go, I get the urge to drink a cream slush or a milkshake (which you can't do too much with). I also love the frozen coffee stuff. Very good, but my mom and dad won't let me get them because they're so expensive.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2008-10-06 14:06:33
My friend loves to mix sodas (usually when he buys a cup at a fast food). He enjoys what he calls "Dr.Sproot" which is Dr.pepper, Root beer, and Sprite put together. I myself don't do it much, so I just get a plain old Sprite :).

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2008-10-30 17:37:27
I usually mix every soda at my McDonalds except Diet Coke. Comes out looking like Pepsi but more redder.

Posted by: pichu123
Date: 2008-12-01 15:28:45
Your face juice and sprite

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2008-12-01 15:37:34

Your face juice and sprite

I hate trolls.