Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

ugh, stupid weather... - Page 1

ugh, stupid weather...

Posted by: Glitch Reasearcher
Date: 2008-09-14 08:33:10
For the most part, it has been either cloudly or raining where I live and am starting to get sick of it. It all started with Hurricane Gustav, which brought a 3-day torrential downpour, also leaving a large amount of cloud cover the two days after. then the reminents of what was Hurricane Lowell (or so I believe) came in on a jetstream and caused a large amount of rainfall, flooding most of the roads in town (man, was that day crazy) on friday. and now we're in the path to get hit by what's left of Hurricane Ike. And even now as I type, it's raining. *sighs* am I going to see a clear blue sky again?

Re: ugh, stupid weather...

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-09-14 08:44:26
Wait… you had hurricanes? WHERE THE HELL DO YOU LIVE?

Oh, for the record, it's clear blue skies here in the channel islands.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-09-14 09:34:32

Oh, for the record, it's clear blue skies here in the channel islands.
He lives in the deepest realm of the Glitch Dimension. With that kind of weather I wouldn't want to go there.

Anyway, all joking aside, I hope the weather where you live gets better as soon as possible.

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2008-09-14 11:04:25
Well if I were you I would enjoy dark and cloudy skies.
But if your getting sick of it, just stay inside and play video games, that's what I do when the weather is crappy (when it's sunny  :P)

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2008-09-14 15:37:42
We're kinda in the way of what's left of Ike, as it's been raining on and off and it's been constantly windy as all hell.

Fuck you, Ike.

EDIT: And yeah, Gustav's remnants kicked our ass too.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-09-14 17:06:18

Anywhere in the American South. Not surprising, really.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-09-14 17:40:09
Ike missed me. :P

Although we're getting a fair bit of rain from it… Dolly was actually worse for this area, there was pretty much a week of rainstorms that prevented me from working at all (I work at a car wash, and typically if there's no bizness they send us home because obviously they don't want us paid for doing nothing)

Date: 2008-09-18 19:26:28
bah, we got hit, and we got some flooding as a result. luckily, it hasn't rained since sunday, but we still have standing water from it. and here's the biggest shocker, the record for monthly and yearly precipitation was shattered *gasp* (not really surprizing). and the Mississippi River is at flood levels. Well, at least the rain has stopped. Man, it's like the people say, if you don't like the weather, wait 'till tommarow (seriously, people near where I live say that).

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2008-09-23 17:36:58

if you don't like the weather, wait 'till tommarow (seriously, people near where I live say that).

We've got that here, though we say it differently.

If you don't like the weather in New England, wait five minutes.

The only major weather changes up here has bean the ever advancing cold.

Date: 2008-09-25 23:07:21

If you don't like the weather in New England, wait five minutes.

Huh, really now? well, weather-wise, things have went back to normal. but with the way the weather can be, it may not be long before something weird happens again. Although for some strange reason, there's a Flood Warning for some local area from September 25 to October 2. Not really sure what that's about, may provide details later if I get any.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2008-09-28 11:28:06
Ugh..I watched coverage of Ike and Gustav on the news but we got part of Hannah and now we got frickin Kyle coming which sucks. -_-
Its been raining for the past 2 days pretty much.

Date: 2008-10-12 10:59:29
yea, it sucks, don't it?