Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

In 60 years... - Page 1

In 60 years...

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-10-19 02:43:42
In 60 years what do you think that the world will be like technologically, culturally, economically, scientifically, etc.? I'm doing this at this site because the majority of the members are kids from different parts of the world. Also, everyone here seems to be a very different person. Honestly, I don't honestly have a prediction, I personally think anything could happen.

Re: In 60 years...

Posted by: Mezase Master
Date: 2008-10-19 10:24:44
I'm looking forward to flying DeLoreans and abolished lawyers.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-10-19 10:39:20
I'm looking forward to something like…. Virtual reality. You could LITERALLY be on a forum.

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2008-10-19 11:15:43
Virtual Reality shall be the best. To be literally walking around on the forums… Great to think about.
I'm hoping for places like Tokyo, New York, and Dubai to be incredibly advanced technologically.
Scientifically, I think that humans will finally have one simple equation to explain many, if not everything, in the universe.
To think of the kind of the music in that time period, I can't comprehend what the music of that time will be like, even techno and electronic will be obsolete.
Culturally, I am worried to see the cultures of the world fade in time. I am at an international school, and have been exposed to international cultures throughout my life. I don't want to see traditions like Islam, Shinto, African, and many others disappear, because each one is cool in it's own way. I particularly worry about seeing the culture around Oman, Ibadi of the Islam religion, go. I have been here for 8 good years, and I have come to love this religion in Oman. Ramadan, each Eid, and other celebrations they have are fun, Oman Day especially. Dubai in the U.A.E has had some of it's Islam feel fade, even though it hasn't been much. I also do not the beautiful landscape of Oman turn into modern civilization. I love the arid, dry, barren, and brown rocks and sand of Oman.
Anyway, sorry for the long little lecture. Just gotta talk about it  ;)

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2008-10-19 21:52:14

I'm looking forward to flying DeLoreans and abolished lawyers.

Woot for Back To The Future movies! In 2015 I am watching part 2 and laugh at the stuff that do not happen in that year. As for 60 years from now, If I am still alive (in my late 70's), I will enjoy the incredible virtual reality video games. Yes, that's right: AN OLD MAN AND STILL PLAYING EM'!

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-10-21 18:39:45

Virtual Reality shall be the best. To be literally walking around on the forums… Great to think about.
I'm hoping for places like Tokyo, New York, and Dubai to be incredibly advanced technologically.
Scientifically, I think that humans will finally have one simple equation to explain many, if not everything, in the universe.
To think of the kind of the music in that time period, I can't comprehend what the music of that time will be like, even techno and electronic will be obsolete.
Culturally, I am worried to see the cultures of the world fade in time. I am at an international school, and have been exposed to international cultures throughout my life. I don't want to see traditions like Islam, Shinto, African, and many others disappear, because each one is cool in it's own way. I particularly worry about seeing the culture around Oman, Ibadi of the Islam religion, go. I have been here for 8 good years, and I have come to love this religion in Oman. Ramadan, each Eid, and other celebrations they have are fun, Oman Day especially. Dubai in the U.A.E has had some of it's Islam feel fade, even though it hasn't been much. I also do not the beautiful landscape of Oman turn into modern civilization. I love the arid, dry, barren, and brown rocks and sand of Oman.

I think that the more likely possibility would be cultural diffusion. That way, ever culture's best attributes could form into a larger, more tolerent, and open culture that everyone could enjoy. Although the world could be hit by an asteroid or a world war could start, but lets hope not!

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2008-10-21 20:58:44

I think that the more likely possibility would be cultural diffusion. That way, ever culture's best attributes could form into a larger, more tolerent, and open culture that everyone could enjoy. Although the world could be hit by an asteroid or a world war could start, but lets hope not!

From what I see these days I think that the world will never agree on one main culture.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2008-10-28 21:12:28
Hopin' for virtual reality. Of course, people thought there would be 'food pills' (pills that had all the nutrients you needed) by the turn of the millenium, and really, who DOESN'T want to eat food?