Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Final day of my computer - Page 1

Final day of my computer

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2008-10-20 22:00:56
Today my main computer died, I cannot access it anymore. Whenever I turn it on, it just beeps and says that it cannot find a 'boot sector'.  :'(
I had it for 3 1/2 years, and I guess we overloaded it and now it's gone. This all may sound stupid, but considering all that I'm going through in real life now, it is really getting me depressed. For godsake, I've just lost World of Warcraft and many other things! I'm mourning over a computer, but I rely on technology too much now, WAY too much. Everything, and I mean pretty much everything I talk about is about technology, video games, media, Youtube, and all things on the internet.
I have to say thank god for my father's computer, but he has to use it for work and stuff.
I'm doomed, the stress will kill me! I will not be truly happy until we get a new desktop computer…
Hahaha, I am the biggest of nerds and probably the most dramatic one at that. >.>

Re: Final day of my computer

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2008-10-21 03:58:56
Oh dear…

The same happened to me. Our main comp well…went boop… and says it can't find files or something…

Man, i think I cried for a week after that…

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-10-21 04:41:57
Computers. I can't live without one. The only friends I have are online, and without a computer, I'm pretty much alone.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-10-21 17:25:12

I have to say thank god for my father's computer, but he has to use it for work and stuff.
I'm doomed, the stress will kill me! I will not be truly happy until we get a new desktop computer…
Hahaha, I am the biggest of nerds and probably the most dramatic one at that. >.>

You don?t need a new computer, you just need a new hard drive. For that matter, you might try burning a Linux liveCD to see if you can access any data that may still be on the hard disk.

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2008-10-21 20:57:07

Computers. I can't live without one. The only friends I have are online, and without a computer, I'm pretty much alone.

Very much same here. I have a few real life friends, but with WoW, these and other Forums, Youtube and Gmail I probably have over 20 friends, maybe even 40.

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2008-10-23 05:01:40

I is the same…

All my real friends are online. I miss them once in a while…

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2008-10-23 17:19:47
The internet is not everything…..
OR IS IT?

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-10-24 00:08:54

I is the same…

All my real friends are online. I miss them once in a while…
Pretty much the same here!
Anyway, yeah, burn a linux live CD and see if you can acess the files, if not, buy a new hardrive!
I know what it feels like, The computer I'm on would do the same thing, except nothing would show up on the moniter.
My dad had to replace the motherboard, and CPU.