Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Ace - Page 1

Ace

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2009-01-13 20:09:19
Hey, has anyone seen Ace91 around lately? I know he left GCL for his own little game-making website, but Sector91 seems to have vanished. Has it been moved? Or is Ace gone for good?

Re: Ace

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-01-13 20:53:52
SECTOR91 is down temporarily as a result of me moving to Virginia. I tried to get a temporary site up on a free hosting site, but Network Solutions requires me to pay extra money just to turn the domain name into an HTTP redirect.  So, the site is going to be down for a while until I get a new server, because I don't have a basement to put the huge, clunky, noisy salvaged server that I used before in.

On the plus side, I'm working on a complete redesign of the site, and a redesign of Project Gamma which will finally run at a decent speed and not have the annoying loading times. (I had to write my own homebrew SVG rendering engine to do this…)

as he told me in a PM

Posted by: ultraVex
Date: 2009-01-13 21:01:08
I never really visited SECTOR91 much, to tell the truth. Maybe I'll give it a second chance when it's up again.

Cool news about Project Gamma, also. Must've been mighty hard to construct additional pylons a homebrew SVG engine.

Date: 2009-01-15 18:31:28
Well that clears some things up. Now, in the memetime, does anyone have or know where to get, other than Sector91, the latest version of the Pok?mon Battle Simulator?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-01-15 19:36:41
Sorry - I downloaded it earlier and decompiled it for use in the GCL edition engine, but I can't find it anymore. :(

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2009-01-16 00:22:18

Well that clears some things up. Now, in the memetime, does anyone have or know where to get, other than Sector91, the latest version of the Pok?mon Battle Simulator?

Here's one. You need something like WinRAR to open it, though. I've edited a couple Pok?mon so far so that the Generation IV attack names and Pok?mon names aren't romanized (ex. Pochama instead of Piplup), but most are still romanized.

Date: 2009-01-16 16:49:24
Actually I have this one. But thanks anyway. I'd love to see how other people have been abusing this program. I've already been tinkering with stuff. I made Pok?mon for it already. I guess I'll just have to wait for the newer version.