Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

What do you think of My new Avatar? - Page 1

What do you think of My new Avatar?

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-02-02 21:57:36
I had a lot of Spare time On my hands so I made a Silly avatar in Gimp.I made this from an old Drawing I had Lying around for a long since Scrapped Video game Idea I had, so I went and Copied the drawing off of the paper in the real world since it was deteriorating due to age and my carelessness of leaving it lying around. (I plan to work for Sega of America you know.)

One Last Thing: Glitch + Wasp = Glisp XD

Re: What do you think of My new Avatar?

Posted by: agusganog
Date: 2009-02-04 21:24:41
No, Wasp + Glitch = Watch.

Much better that way.

But anyways, that is much better than anything I could create. I have no drawing skillzzzzzzzzz.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-02-04 21:25:23
My mad skillz could pwn that piece of shit to Glitch City and back.

Date: 2009-02-08 11:12:38
I draw like that because it is the style I draw in not because I'm trying to outdo anyone.

Posted by: Thomas
Date: 2009-02-08 17:26:57
How did you even come up with the idea of a Glisp to begin with?

Date: 2009-02-09 17:28:42
Well it all started about….. umm…. Spring of 06. I decided I wanted to become a video game designer. I then started working on a game called "Glitch Hunter" Due to my glitch pokemon obsession at the time. This was before I came up with the username "glitchhunter09" but is where my name sparked from. I created a Drawing with numerous enemies I planned for the game. (It was meant to be a platformer by the way.) Eventually though, as my interest started to shift towards Sega I decided Glitch Hunter was a bad game idea. (I had planned on purposely putting glitches in the game and some would help the character progress by providing shortcuts through levels while others were more like traps that lead to an instant death.)

Instead of scrapping the game I took the character concepts and put them into my ideas for a new character named Fenlix the Fox. I still  have his design ideas as the base of Fenlix's weapons arsenal.

Then, quite recently I decided I wanted to keep those drawings but since the paper they were on was in bad condition I did the only thing I could: I redrew them in GIMP by hand. I actually only have one made though so I technically haven't finished yet. The Glisp was the one I finished. I also removed his legs (actually I forgot about them.)

If you are courious about Fenlix the Fox then allow me to introduce a little youtube series I made about him:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Fe1Lvj8vo[/youtube]

This is only scene 1 of the first episode and the intro.
I have yet to finish anything else. Oh and If you are wondering who dubbed it, It was all me. Even the "Help somebody stole my Purse!" line.

Posted by: amityvilletoaster1
Date: 2009-02-09 18:51:06
What's Gimp? I see it mentioned in forums on various sites but never an explanation as to what it is.

Date: 2009-02-09 19:11:52
Gimp is an image editing software that is free. It works better than MS Paint and can even layer art allowing for a more 3d Perspective.