Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Steve Irwin Dies - Page 1

Steve Irwin Dies

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-09-04 10:04:54
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14663786/

I just heard about this today. :( I really liked the Crocodile Hunter show. I always thought it was funny to watch Steve. I suppose it was just a matter of time before this happened, what with all the dangerous animals he messes with. He will be missed. :(

(But a stingray? They're not even that dangerous! He does dangerous stunts with crocodiles, sharks, and poisonous snakes; and then it's a typically harmless stingray that gets him?)

Re: Steve Irwin Dies

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2006-09-04 18:29:41
I miss him too. The stingray incident was RARE. It WOULDN'T have killed him if it didn't go RIGHT THROUGH HIS HEART! R.I.P. Steve.

Posted by: Blue Lickitung
Date: 2006-09-04 23:03:18
Agreed. All in all, he would have rather have died by being eaten by a croc and he would say "Crikey, at least the croc ain't hugry no more". And what's ironic is that all the time they'd show footage of Steve coming "Inches from death" with his SpiderMan-like reflexes dodging a croc/snake's strike.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2006-09-05 09:01:11
It is very sad!
He was cool in a crazy sort of way!

And it is strange that the thing that killed him was one of the more Docile creatures He has encountered

I hope he died happy….

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-09-05 22:00:20
yeah, you can't move very fast in water.
It was his fault for swimming right above the darned thing. It thought he was a predator.

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2006-09-06 18:21:09
All in all, he would have rather have died by being eaten by a croc and he would say "Crikey, at least the croc ain't hugry no more".

Definitely, but I also think he wouldn't have wanted to go of old age. Only 2 other people on record have been killed by stingrays (I think).
Apparrantly his wife was only informed about this when she heard it on the radio, I'm not sure that this is true or not, but if it is, it's pretty awful.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-09-06 20:32:29

All in all, he would have rather have died by being eaten by a croc and he would say "Crikey, at least the croc ain't hugry no more".

Definitely, but I also think he wouldn't have wanted to go of old age. Only 2 other people on record have been killed by stingrays (I think).
Apparrantly his wife was only informed about this when she heard it on the radio, I'm not sure that this is true or not, but if it is, it's pretty awful.
16 other victims.

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2006-09-14 18:35:35
Oops, sorry :-[

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-10-02 22:34:26
thats okay.

me and my friend when we are over her grandparents house we watched discovery channel and we thought steve rocked and well one day i was over there and her grandad called her mom and metioned it and told us.

She HAD to be kidding but she was not. :(