Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Who dislike the avitar, and wishes to change it every second? - Page 1

Who dislike the avitar, and wishes to change it every second?

Posted by: Piedie
Date: 2009-04-18 14:05:06
If your one of these (few) people who dislike the avitar every second of the day, and change it, every second of the day, please post!

Re: Who dislike the avitar, and wishes to change it every second?

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-04-18 14:18:29
It's spelt avatar, and that Flareon stain glass window is nice. I'm sure the pose is from the Jungle Pokemon cards.

Re: Who dislike the avatar, and wishes to change it every second?

Date: 2009-04-18 14:33:54
Thanks

Date: 2009-04-18 14:40:24
You're welcome. I used to own truck loads of Pokemon cards. I don't change my avatar much. I haven't changed mine in ages. I like mine as it is. ^^

Date: 2009-04-18 14:44:01
I realy like my new one, I might just keep it for a little bit…(5 mins)

Date: 2009-04-18 14:46:17
Perhaps, you should find an avatar you'll like and will keep it for long.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-04-18 14:51:03
You could always make a rotater script that makes a rotate.png from a variety of pictures every 1/2 second and host that on a server like how Kyoukipichi and Tweaker did. (Tweaker did it first though unless he got it from some website then I don't know.)

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-04-18 15:59:54
*refreshes page* Cool avatar. *refreshes* It changed.*refreshes* *shoots self*

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-04-18 23:15:50

You could always make a rotater script that makes a rotate.png from a variety of pictures every 1/2 second and host that on a server like how Kyoukipichi and Tweaker did. (Tweaker did it first though unless he got it from some website then I don't know.)

I think Kyouki had the rotater before Tweaker did. Tweaker just used either a Sonic avatar or that crab badnik from Sonic 1.

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2009-04-18 23:18:18
Part of the reason I stopped using the rotator was that the size would often be set incorrectly under Opera, making for weirdly-sized images.

Posted by: Wild GHOST
Date: 2009-04-19 00:35:03

I think Kyouki had the rotater before Tweaker did. Tweaker just used either a Sonic avatar or that crab badnik from Sonic 1.

Both at different times, IIRC.

In any case, php-based avatar rotation scripts are nothing new; I've seen them since several years ago, but I've never bothered finding decent webhosting service and a set of images to use for my own set.

RE: Avatars in general: Keeping the same one for long-ish periods of time really helps establish that image as you in other users' minds; on another forum I visit I've been using the same avatar for nearly 5 years now IIRC and Overlord of Sonic Retro has been using the same Sephiroth avatar everywhere he goes for about a decade or so now.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2009-04-19 20:23:00

Part of the reason I stopped using the rotator was that the size would often be set incorrectly under Opera, making for weirdly-sized images.

sounds like a script problem to me.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-05-21 21:25:09

You know. With each new post Tweaker makes, The first time I see it the pose Goku or whomever is in as well as what facial expression they have seems to do a good job of reflecting his mood. It never fails.