Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Weird Facts - Page 1

Weird Facts

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-04-22 20:53:34
Post any werid facts you know here.

Weed shrinks your jugular into the size of your thumb.

Re: Weird Facts

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2009-04-22 21:43:00
You're blind 20 minutes everyday. When you move your eyeballs, they instantly become blind, so you don't get motion sickness.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-04-22 21:59:10
in this post is made in the Dragon NaturallySpeaking Essentials frown from Find the date on this slimy look here alone the Pepsi for home to open-air leads for ages nine in a I guess shines he can use it then owe on the minimum system requirements Windows 9598 or Windows NT 4.0 with system packed three or greater while outside owe them all my God does all this is is really old looks like yeah what works with a Microsoft Word 97/2000 Whitehall on my God pout this really face it in your size is taxed of the while face it in your size is taxedtime he half

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-04-22 22:37:22

in this post is made in the Dragon NaturallySpeaking Essentials frown from Find the date on this slimy look here alone the Pepsi for home to open-air leads for ages nine in a I guess shines he can use it then owe on the minimum system requirements Windows 9598 or Windows NT 4.0 with system packed three or greater while outside owe them all my God does all this is is really old looks like yeah what works with a Microsoft Word 97/2000 Whitehall on my God pout this really face it in your size is taxed of the while face it in your size is taxedtime he half

Wait… what?

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-04-23 09:12:19

Wait… what?

Translation:
This post is made in Dragon NaturallySpeaking Essentials from… Hm… let me find the date on this thing… I'll look along the bottom… Oh, it's for ages 9 and up. I guess Shinji can't use it then… Hey, the minimum system requirements are Windows 95/98 or NT 4 with service pack 3 or greater. *random mumbling* My god this is really old! Hey, it works with Microsoft Word 97/2000 *from this point on it's so badly translated I can't tell what I had said*

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2009-04-23 09:49:23
A snake can bite you after it is dead for like, an couple hours or something (don't remember), due to reflexes.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-04-23 15:49:05
Theres a shark that will stay alive for quite a while once it's out of water.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-04-24 19:21:42
You can scream after your head is chopped off if your voicebox is still connected.

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2009-04-24 20:32:34
"Your head remains aware even after it's severed from your shoulders (giving you just enough time to reflect on how stupid you were to stand up on that roller coaster)."

^^^ From Cracked.com.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-04-24 23:32:21
A farmer once beheaded a rooster rather sloppily, leaving it alive and headless for 18 months until it eventually choked to death.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-04-25 01:51:29

A farmer once beheaded a rooster rather sloppily, leaving it alive and headless for 18 months until it eventually choked to death.
I don't even want to know how that's possible.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-04-25 13:34:21
Jellyfish can still sting you after they are dead. Plants sleep at night. If your body was a map of the solar system, with the sun at your head and Pluto at your feet, Uranus would be right where you'd think it would be. Pit vipers aren't poisonous, they're venomous. Birds do NOT explode if they eat rice (despite what every wedding planner will tell you.)  Murphy's Law appears to work on Pokemon - if I want a specific gender or type of Pokemon, it will invariably disappear from the area until I conspicuously voice how I don't want to find one. I have more random facts that spill out of my brain, but those are just a sampling.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-04-25 13:49:56

You can scream after your head is chopped off if your voicebox is still connected.

Your brain's not there to make you scream though.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2009-04-25 14:23:57

Your brain's not there to make you scream though.

I suppose the brain would be in the head. I could be wrong though.