Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Spelll Check for Dyslexic People - Page 1

Spelll Check for Dyslexic People

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2009-05-17 22:40:20
I intentionally typed "moar" into an essay that I was writing for my school. As I was using the standard spell check program, the one embedded into most word processors, to go over my work it of course caught "moar" and I was about to hit the "ignore" button as I saw what was in the "Replace with" options. Amongst the ranks was "roam". Immediately I figured that it was for dyslexic people. But then I got to thinking that "moar" reversed is "raom." I have to say that the first thing that went through my head right there was something along the lines of "What did the guy misspell it backwards?" I'm pretty sure nobody cares that much, and this thread is going to sink to the bottom of the board within the next few weeks, but I, personally, thought this was hilarious.

Re: Spelll Check for Dyslexic People

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-05-17 22:42:50
… why did you intentionally use "moar" in an essay?

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2009-05-17 22:50:05
I ended up changing it a minute ago. I tend to rant when I write stuff. It's just one of the ways I keep focused on the writing assignment. Doesn't do me much good though. Online school leaves a lot of room to be distracted, what with the entire internet standing right behind it. I'm also finding out the hard way that it can be very unforgiving too.  :-\

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-05-18 17:23:26
I wouldn't misspell, it wheel bring down your grade.
*wheel lol*