Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

AdSense - Page 1

AdSense

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-05-31 22:06:03
Google AdSense: Is it win? How does it work? Do you need to pay anything?

Re: AdSense

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-05-31 23:49:22
Please ask these things in General Discussion.

Thank you.

Re: AdSense

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-06-02 20:28:10
There's two different, albeit related, concepts to Google advertising:

"AdSense" is where you put the ads on your pages. To my knowledge you don't have to pay anything, but Google must OK the site you display ads on (I think)

"AdWords", on the other hand, is when you display your ads through Google's AdSense program. Because Google advertising is contextual, i.e. the ads that are shown are determined from the context of the page, you have to specify some words (hence "AdWords") that are relevant to your interests. Like pretty much all forms of advertising, this does cost money.

I've considered putting some sort of advertising on GCL in the past (not the forced ads that ProfuseHost made us display). Of course, all money from the ads would go back into hosting costs.