Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

I never knew this - Page 1

I never knew this

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-06-12 13:53:50
Apparantly, I'm registered to MSN. Strange thing is, I never even seen it before, and didn't know until today, where my mother said "Didn't know you were registered to MSN messanger" or something like that. How the hell did this happen? I never signed up for anything like that. Hell, I don't even know if there's a username/password to input, I can't find anything called "MSN" on my system, minus a mystery webpage document I can't locate, and I don't recall signing up either. Any idea what's going on?

EDIT: Tried uninstalling it. I failed, and instead, the program Paint was removed. I got no messages saying to remove it or anything. START->Run->mspaint gives me a message saying something like the file doesn't exist. I tried a system restore, and it said "Unable to perform system restore. No changes have been made since your last restore"

I'm getting really worried. Paint was the ONLY way I could view/edit images. And the only way of relieving boredom for me when nobody is online.

EDIT2: Redownloaded Paint from the Microsoft website by myself. Had to Google "ms paint download"

Re: I never knew this

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-06-12 16:33:44
Uhh… you aren't signed up, she probably just stumbled upon it where it asks for a log in (but there's also a button to register near that also.)

But if you do want to get it set up and to use it

Start > All Programs > Windows Messenger (should be somewhere on the list, if not, it'll be in the test bar after you hit that arrow (looks like a guy or something))

Follow the instructions to get it set up.

Alternatively:

http://download.live.com/messenger

Then get a Windows Live ID and login with the ID on Windows Live Messenger.

Date: 2009-06-13 08:11:28
I'm not interested in it anyway. But when my mother said something like "yes you are registered" and I kept telling her I wasn't, because I aren't. It just turned into an argument. Anyway, it's not anyone else's business what I do.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-06-13 08:48:17
It's quite useful. Me and my friend Harley, use MSN to chat with each other and to keep in contact. You sure she doesn't meant the Hotmail website? Windows Messenger isn't like MSN, but if you had an MSN Email Address you can use the Windows Messenger to chat with other contacts on that list.

Date: 2009-06-13 09:47:02
I don't know what my mother was meaning, but she still doesn't trust me communicating with others online it seems. Oddly enough, she talks to others far away too.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-06-13 11:38:38

I don't know what my mother was meaning, but she still doesn't trust me communicating with others online it seems. Oddly enough, she talks to others far away too.

I don't get parents sometimes. We're smart enough to disconnect a chat when the person asks: "Where do you live?" but that rarely happens anyway.

Date: 2009-06-15 15:15:26
If someone asks that, just say either "somewhere" or "Earth" or something silly like "your mom".

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2009-06-21 16:03:34
I know seriously, I think parents heads get filled up with news reports of "kids being stalked online", and "why chatrooms are not safe" and all that junk. It does not mean don't let them or anything, just tell them to simply not give away information. You don't have to leave permanently either, just ignore that person or ask the ops to kick him out. But parents are controlling and unfortunately, are stubborn to reason what you know better than them cause of being "the boss". Ok, I am done being long-winded about that lol!

Date: 2009-06-23 15:12:23
I hardly listen to my parents anyway.

Posted by: Adam glitch
Date: 2009-06-30 13:18:44
yeah internet chat rooms and instant messaging have been given a bad image, espieticaly with that generation, it's not like that at all. You should see photobucket, that's just an image hosting site though it has more dodgy adverts and messages than any chatrooms I've been on.

Date: 2009-06-30 15:18:29
I use an ad blocker.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-06-30 16:49:21
Adblockers don't block photobucket pictures unless you make them and then you're blocking out a lot of non-ads on the internet.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2009-07-01 09:18:43
He meant the advertisements on photobucket, not the pictures.

Honestly, I don't blame parents for wanting to take a more active role in protecting their kids. Up until age 13 kids are liable to say some pretty stupid stuff to strangers (and I've seen some a lot older who don't have a hell of a lot of common sense).

Posted by: Adam glitch
Date: 2009-07-05 17:24:31
yeah i did mean adverts.

and yeah you're right but I don't think anyone on this fourum is 13 or under  :P