Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Postpone that crap! - Page 2

Re: Postpone that crap!

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-07-10 10:39:40
Aw, come on Motou Yami, I'm sure there's a movie out there that even you might like if you give it the chance. Don't be such a sourpuss. =P

I will admit though that movies aren't what they used to be. back when CGI'd monsters/creatures were a new thing they actually looked quite realistic. Nowadays its pretty easy to tell if something has been CGI'd into a movie. Likewise though animatronics are still very limited in movement when it comes to using the in movies.  Claymation is really choppy by today's standards so that doesn't work well. It worked back in the early years of movie filming but not today.

What I find funny is that King Kong (The original 1930's film.) was heralded as having the best special effects of its time. Now by today's standards, King Kong's special effects are nothing, but back then it was impressive.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-07-10 10:51:02
This is what I mean, and it's Mutou. Back when I was a big younger the Child's Play movies were fucking awesome. I have them on my laptop, and what they did back then was amazing. Now I don't know, I've heard that there's gonna be a remake, of some sort of the first Child's Play movie but haven't heard much since.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-07-10 11:39:55

This is what I mean, and it's Mutou. Back when I was a big younger the Child's Play movies were fucking awesome. I have them on my laptop, and what they did back then was amazing. Now I don't know, I've heard that there's gonna be a remake, of some sort of the first Child's Play movie but haven't heard much since.

I think the reason why you're seeing newer special effects as sucky is actually explainable. You see, As children, our minds perceive what we see in front of us and we adjust to that material. However, we cannot adjust well to the material when its has been changed and improved because we are used to the "old method" and therefore see the older method as the "correct method." The same thing goes for not just movies, but cartoons and TV shows as well.

An example of this is me seeing the Cartoon, Chowder as Shit. Where as a child born 10 years after me would see it as fucking amazing. The same thing applies to movies.

So you see, what we see as new and different from what we're used to is considered shit to us. But to people of later generations they like it. Now this isn't 100% true as some people from our generation will still find movies and shows made todays as cool, but for a vast majority they will see it how we see it.

Speaking of which, this was a good Cartoon back in the day:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-07XM1pb6cU[/youtube]

Date: 2009-07-10 11:49:30
I mean I know the bogus Thunderbirds are fake, they're fucking puppets, you can see the wires, and yeah Two Stupid Dogs was a laugh back then, but I maybe cursed with harsh autism, but I can tell what is fake and what isn't. I still think the Potter movies are for sissys. I've watched horros/violence since I was a kid. I'd create a list on what I have seen but I can't remember that far back. *Shot*

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-07-10 13:34:33
Here's what I think:

The Harry Potter books are written very well and have a very believable plot and very believable characters, despite the fakeness of it.

To anybody that stopped at the fifth: you have no patience. Really, the book was a bridge from the fourth to the sixth, which was the best in my opinion.

To anybody who stopped in the beginning of the first: what good book started well? You have no patience.

To those who only watch the movies: I hate you. Anybody who only watches movies gets the worst view of plot and character.

There you go. Oh, and they already postponed it from my Birthday, Nov 21.

Date: 2009-07-10 14:24:14
My birthday is on the 15th of July and they decided to fucking release that load of shit on my birthday when the last lot they avoided it.