Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

GCL Member-rank - Page 1

GCL Member-rank

Posted by: Don Watermeleon
Date: 2009-07-19 23:19:59
As can be expected from a long absense from GCL, I've missed a bunch of things and haven't yet caught up on what all's going on.

I skimmed through Forum Anouncements briefly but couldn't find an answer to my question. So anyway, what's with the Initation Room and Request Full Membership Boards. Do you have to be approved to be a GCL member now? And what restrictions are on members that haven't been approved yet.

Just curious, thanks for helping.

Re: GCL Member-rank

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-07-19 23:48:40
Members that have 35 posts or more become full GCLF members.
They can also be nominated and elected full members.

Posted by: Don Watermeleon
Date: 2009-07-19 23:54:03
Alright. I guess that's a pretty good idea since it lets members try out GCL first.

Thanks.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-07-20 01:25:52
It's a trial membership system similar to Sonic Retro's. "Aspiring members" don't have many restrictions placed on them; they simply can't view Forum Games or participate in the Initiation Room. Alternatively, full members can simply be appointed by an admin, but I don't foresee that happening that much.

The system is being worked on and things are currently being adjusted. If it doesn't work on GCL, we'll simply discontinue it. So far, though, it seems to be working fine.