Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

whoa now that I thought of it - Page 2

Re: whoa now that I thought of it

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-08-06 09:38:31
USENET newsgroups were around since the 1970s and thy were… the definition of a forum back then.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-08-06 10:19:43
Ah, I was out by a decade or two then.

Posted by: Adam glitch
Date: 2009-08-06 10:39:15
Well the army were the first to use the internet and they used it to send messages to each other, each time keeping all the previous messages underneath/above. so I geuss you could say the first ever time the internet was used was a fourum.

Not you- Adam as in the biblical story!

Oh, I'm not sure I'm aware of that one. So I geuss alot of people here belive in god?

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-08-06 13:12:19

Well the army were the first to use the internet and they used it to send messages to each other, each time keeping all the previous messages underneath/above. so I geuss you could say the first ever time the internet was used was a fourum.

Oh, I'm not sure I'm aware of that one. So I geuss alot of people here belive in god?

I went to a Catholic school– it would be sad if I didn't know that!

Date: 2009-08-06 15:20:25

I went to a Catholic school– it would be sad if I didn't know that!

Oh okay then. any commennt on the topic in hand?

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-08-06 15:24:32
Actually, I have no idea when forums started up.

Date: 2009-08-07 17:32:22
I geuss… I'm the king then.