Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

I am posting this topic using Bunjalloo. - Page 1

I am posting this topic using Bunjalloo.

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2009-08-14 05:46:01
Hehe. Pretty good homebrew NDS app. Bunjalloo is a web browser for nds. A bit laggy but its alright. :-]

Re: I am posting this topic using Bunjalloo.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-08-14 08:13:06
Is it free?

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-08-14 10:39:25
Does it use extra RAM in slot-2?

Posted by: Adam glitch
Date: 2009-08-14 18:23:56

Does it use extra RAM in slot-2?

Yeah, theat's the whole point in homebrew.

But Do I need the latest version of the homebrew browser?

Date: 2009-08-14 23:30:24
I dunno about the RAM but it works on my Slot 1 DSTT. Maybe it has something to do with cookies? Though a bit laggy, maybe the extra RAM can help with the speed.

It is free, yes,

I am also posting using Bunjalloo. It's exams time here, so I just snuck into internet world with my DS. My parents don't allow me to use the computer during exams and weekdays.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-08-14 23:34:24

Hehe. Pretty good homebrew NDS app. Bunjalloo is a web browser for nds. A bit laggy but its alright. :-]

They finished hacking the DSi?
Can you give me a link?

Date: 2009-08-15 00:30:33
They were hacking the DSi? Since when?

(Not on Bunjalloo anymore)

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-08-15 00:39:17
The Opera browser on the DSi is free and does not require the extra memory, as opposed to the $35 DS browser, making Bunjaloo somewhat obsolete. Unless it's faster than Opera, of course.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-08-15 16:09:24
Or if it's on the DS.

Date: 2009-08-15 20:53:32
Bunjallo is a somewhat good alternative to the DSi Opera browser which I still yet to have.

Posted by: MissingNo
Date: 2009-08-22 15:48:38

They were hacking the DSi? Since when?

(Not on Bunjalloo anymore)

http://dsibrew.org/
They've already hacked the DSi - partially, that is. They have access to "DSi mode" of the console, allowing access to full hardware (ie cameras). Flash carts already work for the MOST part - but in DS mode only. In DS mode the console restricts access to DS specific hardware.

This is highly similar to the Wii and Gamecube Mode - Gamecube Mode restricts access to Gamecube hardware only, so Gamecube homebrew would run on the Wii.

Of course, I probably guess the DSi isn't as extravagant as the Wii - with Hollywood, Starlet, boot0/1/2, and so on.