Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

If you think your morning was bad.... - Page 1

If you think your morning was bad....

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-09-23 17:43:58
Today some crackhead went roaring down Highway 101 (the main artery of my hometown) at 80 miles per hour on the wrong side of the road, hitting a vehicle and killing at least one person. As a result, my morning looked like this:

7:00 Wake up.
8:01 Arrive at bus stop.
8:11 Call bus company to see where the hell my bus is.
8:14 Bus company responds, saying that the northbound Highway 101 is shut down.
8:26 The bus finally arrives. The school bell rings in eight minutes. Normal time of arrival is fifteen minutes after departure.
8:26-10:19 (that's a bit less than two hours) Spent on a large, noisy, poorly ventilated school bus with only an antisocial bus driver and an extremely hyper seventh grader for company. To pass the time I read (which resulted in motion sickness), stared out the window, and wrote down what was going on using Flipnote Studio (an animation app for my DSi), and commented to nobody in particular about what classes I was missing.
10:19 I finally arrive at school towards the beginning of third period, having missed all of the study time given right before my History test. I hope that I didn't fail it.

So if you think you've had a bad morning, I don't think that it could ever top this. Today was even worse than a similar occurrence last year, when some crazy dude with a gun chained himself to an overpass over the 101, causing a complete backup - but not total gridlock like today.

Re: If you think your morning was bad....

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-09-23 18:09:14
I use Flipnote Studio as well.

That must have been a crappy day for you, I had a bad day at school today, too.

Of course, every day at school is a bad day.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-09-23 18:12:36
All of my school days are neither good or bad; they just zoom past in an unseeable blur because I'm studying really hard.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-09-23 20:52:09

All of my school days are neither good or bad; they just zoom past in an unseeable blur because I'm studying really hard.

Not me, they just DRAG on.
Forever……and ever…..

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-09-23 22:40:09
Dang, that sucks.  I hope you get to retake that test (and anything you missed).

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-09-23 22:59:02

Dang, that sucks.  I hope you get to retake that test (and anything you missed).

Nah, I'm probably fine. I don't need to study as much as most people.

Oh yes, did I mention that yet another fire is burning in a nearby county? That would be the… fifth, yes, the fifth one that I could smell from here in the past five years. Possibly the sixth.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-09-24 17:44:45

Today some crackhead went roaring down Highway 101 (the main artery of my hometown) at 80 miles per hour on the wrong side of the road, hitting a vehicle and killing at least one person. As a result, my morning looked like this:

7:00 Wake up.
8:01 Arrive at bus stop.
… … …

Call me cynical, but I feel like you shouldn't be complaining. Really.

And with the fires as well.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-09-24 21:45:31
I popped pills and hung out with my friends, made some new friends, including some really hott chick. YAYA

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-09-26 10:41:25
Waa, cry, So???????

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-09-26 22:06:48

Waa, cry, So???????

That was needlessly rude, so I've given you +30 warning. Please refrain from making posts such as this in the future.