Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

May not be on very much... - Page 1

May not be on very much...

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-10-09 12:08:29
*Sighs* I've got very serious problems with my laptop, and so I may not be on much. My PC is fine, just my laptop isn't. Lately I've been getting fucked up screens, where I get moving lines through it, the picture where I get like screens all white with lines, retangal coloured squares. Now it won't stop up. I've ask mother to se if James cam come and sort out my laptop. I got so much stuff on there that is important to me I can't lose them… I've tried to do a System Repair on start-up as the laptop says to do so and I get the fucked up screens. Lately my graphics driver, has stopped responding, but the error report thing, in Vista, hasn't said anything about it stop responding, so all I can use is my PC for now until something can be done. I mean, I got all my sprites on my laptop, music, films, sites, stories, and other important things, so I don't know what's going on.It's no point giving me advice, when my laptop won't load, or how to "sort" this, when it isn't possible for me to get into windows, or will it load up properly, so I'd thought I'd let everyone know, and is Jolteon wonders why I've been offline, this is why, since half the time he leaves me to wait for him, so yeah I don't know what's wrong with my laptop I can't get into Windows to run any scans, but Avast hasn't detected any viruses, so I don't know what's wrong and I hope James can revive my laptop without losing anything. The fucked up screens, have been happening for days, and I've been sure it's been the bloddy graphics driver, but I don't know so, I'll post an update when I hear anything if James can come out.

Re: May not be on very much...

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-10-09 12:25:52
Wow, that's too bad.  :(

If you ever get it fixed without losing your files, I suggest you back them up onto a CD/Jump Drive/any removable storage device. I know the storage devices cost money, but you seem to have frequent problems with your computers, so it would probably be best if you just backed up your stuff so you don't have to worry about losing it.

If you are leaving temporarily/permanently, come back soon/good-bye.

Date: 2009-10-09 13:03:20
I'm not leaving, I'm just saying I may not be on much, and I can't/don't have anything like them. They cost an arm and a leg for here, and there's no computer shops in town anymore. Since none of my parents can drive, we can't go to another town in England to a PC shop. I used to save my stuff on discs but the CDs I got SUCK. They won't write, or they do after ONE use. It's bullshit. I can't show the screens, because the laptop crashes when they happen. I've never had any problems with my laptop. I've had it for a year. (Got it on my 20th birthday last year). I guess this is proof that Windows Vista sucks ass. (Sorry for spelling errors, I've been going through problems with my spelling lately.)

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-10-09 13:11:17

, and I can't/don't have anything like them. They cost an arm and a leg for here, and there's no computer shops in town anymore.

Yeah, I always forget that stuff costs so much over there in the UK. Here in the U.S (at least my part of the U.S), CD's are dirt cheap; you can buy 100 blank CD's for about $3, and they work well for me, anyways.

Date: 2009-10-09 13:21:49
The CDs here in the UK are fucking useless. The CDs I used before that I used to burn music on were great, they'd run on my CD player but now it can't read it. ¬¬ I haven't heard anything from James. Ugh, I feel like throwing my laptop across the room… It was fine yesterday.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-10-09 14:18:40
Very unlikely, but do you think you have a very bad computer virus?

Date: 2009-10-09 15:19:39
James, says it could be the operating system. All it does now it turn on and turn itself back off again, so he's in my area again tomorrow, so my mother is gonna try and phone the company that made my laptop (fucking warranty: 1 year) to see if they can fix it. If not so James, is gonna try and fix it. My harddrive kicks in but it goes off again (in an endless loop), sort of like with my parents PC the night of the power cut. He said it's a pretty good laptop, so it might be the screen that's died or something. I hope he can save all my stuff and start from scratch. My main importance of stuff are my stories. I can't lose them! I only got half left as I removed a lot, but I can't lose them, and my links to sites. My Silent Hill, Forbidden Siren music are safe, where I was gonna compress all my files, and send them to my PC but my fucking laptop does this. ARGH! He's tried with with a monitor and nothing happens, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what HP have to say.