Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

need a cure - Page 1

need a cure

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-10-28 17:43:33
does anybody know how to help patch up a broken heart? :'(

Re: need a cure

Posted by: XD003
Date: 2009-10-28 17:57:24
If this is a serious question, and if I were you, I'd run. I doubt that alot of people here would give you a "serious answer". I'm one of the few that would though, so here.
Best way is to either try and get over it, or do something that would distract you from thinking about it. Or, at the very least, if you're into this type of thing - go out for a bit and mingle with the crowd. I'm not good at giving advice for how to mend a broken heart, just how to keep it from getting worse.

To keep it from getting worse, do NOT dwell on the past for too long, as it'll corrupt your future.

Date: 2009-10-28 18:09:03
have you ever fallen in love my freind?
It hurts like hell, and it feels like I want to end my life.
Dwelling on the past is all I can do…
but thank you for putting a serious opinion I respect that.
If I don't come on here for at least a month, then I hope that one of you members will report it and
take serious notice. That would probably mean I'm either dead, or just done with this forum due to
an issue…

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-10-28 19:55:32
In the words of Garth from Wayne's World:

Stop torchin' yourself, man!  Live in the now!

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2009-10-29 00:09:16

I know exactly what that's like. It seems hard but it is possible to overcome. What really helped me was I did everything I could to forget about it. I stopped talking to her, deleted everything that had to do with her, and even stopped talking to her. I did things to distract me from it such as hanging out with other friends and playing games.

But the really hard part is completely getting over it. A suggestion would be to try to take interest in other people. Its not the end of the world, even though it may feel like it is sometimes. There's a whole lot of other people in this world. You'll find someone else.

I hope some of this helps.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-10-29 00:28:58
Meh, love means nothing to me now. Love is only an emotion and it is an emotion that causes more pain and suffering than happiness. If I could harness the bad side of love into a weapon, then I could potentially take over the world with it.

Yeah, I've been suffering from a broken heart for nearly five years. I'm finally just about over it but the former person I cared about still occasionally haunts my dreams at night. Her image tormenting me to no end.

The best way to heal from a broken heart is to either find another or just sit and wallow in self pity until you eventually start doing it less and less until it becomes utterly pointless. Don't feel so sorry for yourself. Its not your fault she most likely has bad taste in males.

Posted by: XD003
Date: 2009-10-29 02:05:22

Yes, I have fallen in love - and just recently, I got over my last ex who, for the most part, left me demolished. So I know how it all feels. However, Dwelling on the past will only bring upon more pain.

If I don't come on here for at least a month, then I hope that one of you members will report it and
take serious notice. That would probably mean I'm either dead, or just done with this forum due to
an issue…

For the first part, death is not the answer. I went through a phase where I believed that it was - Trust me on this, it isn't the answer.

Also, I would go with the advice Bassmasta and Glisp have given you, as those are some of the most effective methods.

Oh, and also:

Meh, love means nothing to me now. Love is only an emotion and it is an emotion that causes more pain and suffering than happiness. If I could harness the bad side of love into a weapon, then I could potentially take over the world with it.

That is so true. No, who would be willing enough to build such a machine to harness such power?

Yeah, I've been suffering from a broken heart for nearly five years. I'm finally just about over it but the former person I cared about still occasionally haunts my dreams at night. Her image tormenting me to no end.

Although I haven't been dealing with it for 5 years, I get what you're saying here as I too have reoccurring nightmares like such; However, instead of having them at night, I have them at day - In school, on the bus, when I'm playing video games - and I just go into a state of "Emptiness". That is something I cannot find a way around, and I wish i could ;-;

Date: 2009-10-30 17:10:24
eh, theres some hope after all now, she doesn't like me, but she says we can still be freinds. I'm going to make her see that I'm meant for her. Thanks for the support everyone.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-10-30 17:11:26
No problem man. Good to hear that it sorta worked out.

Date: 2009-10-30 17:15:06
well not really, but we will see what happens, I will keep you all informed.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-10-30 18:31:53

an issue…

For the first part, death is not the answer. I went through a phase where I believed that it was - Trust me on this, it isn't the answer.

QFT

Date: 2009-10-31 16:20:33
Well I'm going through it again and something that I realized helps is chocolate. A few years ago I read in some book (not Harry Potter 3) that chocolate can act almost like an anti-depressant and that's helped with me at least.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-10-31 20:47:18

Well I'm going through it again and something that I realized helps is chocolate. A few years ago I read in some book (not Harry Potter 3) that chocolate can act almost like an anti-depressant and that's helped with me at least.

It does. Which is why it is used in HP3.

And Tachi, I know it hurts now, but think about it. How many adults are there in this world? Lots. And how many of them have had their hearts broken? Probably most of them. And they're fine now. You will be too.
And most of them have spouses. You probably will too.

Posted by: MrGlitch
Date: 2009-11-04 18:47:56
I don't mean to draw attention to myself, but I know what you are going through.

In 7th through 8th grade, I asked 8 girls out.  Yes, 8.  How many accepted?  None.  It made me realize that one sure thing to end a friendship with a girl is to force her into love.  If she wants to go out with you, she'll let you know.  If not, just leave her be.  After all, if the whole thing doesn't work out, you can still be friends with each other.

Date: 2009-11-04 23:53:01
Wow. My neighbor told me that story almost word for word about himself a few months ago. Creepy.

But if you really liked someone it can sometimes be hard to stay friends at first. I'm still debating whether or not I should still be friends with the person I fell in love with because just talking to her can sometimes hurt more than if we didn't stay friends if she says the wrong thing.