Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

HMM... - Page 1

HMM...

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2010-03-12 22:14:48
Here's the deal. On March 14, two things happen.

First, HeartGold and SoulSilver come out. These games promise "New adventures from ten years ago in the Johto region". Because my Pokemon Crystal game cart will not fit into my DS Lite, I am forced to buy this game so I can replay it. It will not deliver the true retro experience of MEGA MAN 9 since it has good graphics and over 9000 493 pokemon instead of 251. Would that stop me from buying it? I dunno, Sonic 4 has a green eyed Sonic and people will buy that. I loved G/S so much I will buy HG/SS; however, since I played Gold but not Silver, I will buy SoulSilver instead of HeartGold. Too bad they didn't remake Crystal; that game was the shit (They didn't remake Yellow either, but they can't because Guy still has it and they'd need Guy to give up Yellow before they can. Guy will never give up Yellow).

Second, my hosting payment is due. There's important shit on this server, including some Pokemon glitch site and a wiki 2 people contribute to. If I don't pay up within 48 hours of the 14th, my server goes kablooie and they call in the lawnmovers to move lawn off it. I'm not sure if it's as important as fighting Team Rocket's evil plan to blast radio waves at Magikarp and getting to catch Ho-oh Lugia again, though. Plus, it would be pretty cool if the server died on the ides of March. That was when Julius Caesar died.

The dilemma: I can't afford both. I am forced to choose between these two. Which is worth it?

Re: HMM...

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-03-12 22:34:17
Hosting payment.
You can always get the game another day.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2010-03-12 22:47:14

Hosting payment.

This.

The game'll be half-price new at GameStop in 3 months.  Your hosting bill won't.

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-03-12 23:07:35

Hosting payment.

This.

The game'll be half-price new at GameStop in 3 months.  Your hosting bill won't.

And aside from that, not getting the game won't have consequences. Not paying the hosting bill will.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2010-03-13 00:05:11
Move to Australia, and then you can get the game on the 25th instead.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-03-13 11:21:13
I'll go along with the rest and say hostage costs.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2010-03-13 12:22:11
Hosting costs definitely.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-03-13 12:49:12
Soul Silver isn't all that important compared to hosting costs.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-03-13 14:58:28
I live in Europe, so the games are going to be released here about a week after the release of the American versions. I agree with Wa, hosting costs are a lot more important this is a brilliant community and it deserves to stay that way  :)

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2010-03-14 19:18:04
Hosting costs.
and steal SS from walmart

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2010-03-14 20:29:51
SoulSilver.

yeah I mean GCL is important and all but it's the goddamned johto region.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2010-03-14 21:50:30

SoulSilver.

yeah I mean GCL is important and all but it's the goddamned johto region.

TREASON

[me=Ketsuban]forms a lynch mob and has Yuzihax hanged[/me]

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2010-03-16 18:46:35
Okay, I confess. I was kidding. Sorry about all the (potential) worry. I can keep GCLF going while at the same time fighting Team Rocket's evil plan to cut tails off of slowpokes.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2010-03-16 19:06:46
But they're tastey Slowpoke tails… and the Slowpokes don't feel it for TEN DAYS!